Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Gaddafi ducked?
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

“He’s been taken away by ambulance.”

they missed the next line..

“to be shot some more” 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Can’t say I’m upset about it.
    Quite funny that they’ve sent him to hospital; presumably so that he can be in good health when they hang him.

LHS
    Free Member

At last some good news this week.

donsimon
    Free Member

Who’s next then?
    Don’t the politicians need an axis of evil to keep us in our places?

Harry_the_Spider

Who’s next then?

?

And he’ll burn the World down with him.

kimbers

reports saying hes died/ not catured/ ,shot in the legs?

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Im sure hell be found dead, then buried at see before any one sees the body?

but thats the price you pay for being in charge of the worlds 9th biggest oil producer.

El-bent
    Free Member

And he’ll burn the World down with him.

Don’t see how the 14th most important man in Iran who incidently has no control over what nuclear assets the Iranians have is going to burn the world down with him.

I’m not taking into account what the potential involvement the Israelis may have in this end of the world scenario however.

carbon337
    Free Member

Sounds like hes dead. I wouldn’t mind some of his hats. He appeared to have a quite mad collection.

yossarian
    Free Member

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

carbon337
    Free Member

If he is dead – he has had some life hasnt he?

Not saying what he has done is right at all but he’s made the most of his time on this planet thats for sure.

Harry_the_Spider

Snappy dresser too.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I like this hat

it reminds me of Ena

carbon337
    Free Member

🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

anyone going to a fancy dress party?
    http://www.escapade.co.uk/Historical-Male-Costumes-hire/Colonel-Gaddafi-E20-E20.asp

I might hire this for HTN…

mcboo
    Free Member

Merchant-Banker – Member

but thats the price you pay for being in charge of the worlds 9th biggest oil producer.

Yes sure thats why the Libyan people rose up and threw him out. For the oil.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s one more dangerously deluded ex world leader gone this week… Only Thatcher and Blair to go.

What are the odds on Berlusconi being kicked out soon?

camo16
    Free Member

Sounds like it was ‘the West’ that did for him, though. NATO airstrike, apparently…

mcboo
    Free Member

I was more hoping for Assad to be removed next but hey Western leaders we dont particularly like have got to be much worse right?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mcboo

Errmmm – only they didn’t. a small faction armed and encouraged by the west and with massive close air support and intelligence from the west has taken more than 6 months to get close to controlling most of the country.

Its a civil war not an uprising. if it was a popular uprising it wouldn’t have taken 6 days.

The country will be wrecked and divided and will require massive support from the west for decades.

camo16
    Free Member

Did I just hear the BBC newsreader ask “so what happens now for Gaddafi, if he has been killed?” 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

TJ in massive failure to recognise irony, irony… 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

but thats the price you pay for being in charge of the worlds 9th biggest oil producer a murdering, sadistic boneheaded thug who killed thousands of his own people.

Fixed that for you.

mcboo
    Free Member

Useful Idiot

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Mr Woppit i dont dispute that for 1 minute.

But do you really believe thats why the rebels received so much western help because of Gaddafi,s atrocities.

mcboo
    Free Member

Errmmm – only they didn’t. a small faction armed and encouraged by the west and with massive close air support and intelligence from the west has taken more than 6 months to get close to controlling most of the country.

Define small faction. If you cant I’m going to assume you made that up.

Its a civil war not an uprising. if it was a popular uprising it wouldn’t have taken 6 days.

What? Doesnt mean anything. Zero knowledge of war, civil or otherwise.

The country will be wrecked and divided and will require massive support from the west for decades.

Dry not to wish too hard. These are people’s lives we’re talking about. Brown people should be allowed to be free too.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

link Don

wwaswas

bbc home page M-B

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not what I wish for McBoo – its what is happening on the ground. There is no unified leadership, Gadaffi had and still has significant regional support and the rest of the opposition to him is divided. A popular uprising does not requirte moer than 6 momths to happen.

Free – you really think they will be freer after this?. it will be civil war and / or a divided country. the assets will be stripped so there will be poverty, life expectancy will fall and there will be many many preventable deaths and a fundamentalist islamic state is fairly likely to arise in some parts of the country

mcboo
    Free Member

A popular uprising does not requirte moer than 6 momths to happen.

What? Which manual of revolutionary war did you get that from? Better tell Che Guevara, Chairman Mao and George Washington they didnt have popular support. Which is why the Cuban, Chinese and American Revolutions fell apart soon after an apparent victory. Ermmmmm…..

Free – you really think they will be freer after this?. it will be civil war and / or a divided country. the assets will be stripped so there will be poverty, life expectancy will fall and there will be many many preventable deaths and a fundamentalist islamic state is fairly likely to arise in some parts of the country

More disgraceful wishful thinking from a gutless member of the British Left. Because if things turned out well how would that fit with your world view of brown people only having legitemate claims when they are fighting the white man. Thinly disguised racism.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Excellent. As everyone knows, all properly developed and mature nations will have had a civil war at some point in their history.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

McBoo- once again you attack the person as you are unable to attack the message. I have no idea how you get racist from my post. Resort to baseless insults and it shows the poverty of your argument

If you have popular support for a revolution it does not take long to occur. This is a what has happened many many times. think of all the events in Europe at the end of the 80s, think of the rest of the arab spring. with masive air support it has taken more than 6 months to get most of the country under control of the rebels. Its obvious the poular support does not extend over the whole country

If there was no support for gadaffi he would have been captured in days and the country freed from him.

I don’t know what the “British left” is supposed to mean – I am not of the left.

Its what is happening on the ground – the leader of one faction has been kiled by another for example.

its nothing to do with race – its everything to do with understanding what is actually happening and knowing the lessons from history. Unlike you I do not swallow propaganda wholesale.

you will see – I will be right

Harry_the_Spider

Reuters / BBC twitter feed have posted that he has died from his wounds.

BBC webpage is down.

BermBandit
    Free Member

don’t know about that, but judging by the picture above Gaddifi’s a dead Sirte…..

(coat on)

vorlich
    Free Member

/fires assault rifle in the air

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mncBoo – your world view of brown people only having legitemate claims when they are fighting the white man.

where on earth do you get this from? 🙄

yossarian
    Free Member

More disgraceful wishful thinking from a gutless member of the British Left. Because if things turned out well how would that fit with your world view of brown people only having legitemate claims when they are fighting the white man. Thinly disguised racism.

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Gaddafi ducked?’ is closed to new replies.