Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gabba (and it's ilk) users: A Straw Poll
  • stevious

This is aimed at the short-sleeve users primarily.

How often do you use your SS Gabba without arm warmers?

Just curious.

iainc

I have SS and LS Gabba’s so only wear the SS one when I am likely to take armwarmers off, so probably 75% of the time

akira

Ss pretty good, keeps my core warm enough, sometimes wear it by itself and sometimes with ls base layer. Arms are working hard on a mountain bike so keep themselves warm.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’m hovering over a LS Gabba at the moment, I like to get out in all weathers so don’t mind spending on something that will keep out the elements, what is it that makes these Jerseys so good?

Haze

Pretty much never, but it only comes out in the cold…then I’ll choose arm warmers based on conditions. Roubaix warmers if it’s just cold, Gore soft shell if it looks like rain.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

On the road I use it for Spring Autumn weather. LS would be good for colder weather only. Not used on MTB as it doesn’t breath.

It’s certainly very good on the road in bad weather. Get both

iainc

I prefer my LS one over the SS as it is a bit warmer on poor days. I wear it with a thin SS base layer in temps from about 6-12 degrees, so most of autumn and spring. What makes it so good ? Weatherproof, breathes well in road use, not sweaty and has vents if you need a little more air flow. Good snug road fit, good pockets.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Xyeti think they work well as they are a decent race fitting jersey that’s wind proof and can cope with changeable weather and the odd shower. You’ll get wet when it’s proprely wet but still stay reasonably warm. There’s clothing that do weather protection a lot better but not often in a race jersey fit, it seems to hit a sweet spot of compromises.

iainc

I also have a Sportful Fiandre NoRain which is same principle but heavier and warmer, with a bit more water resistance. Same fit as the Gabba and goes on for proper cold stuff when 5 degrees and below.

stevious

THe reason I was asking is that I have the SS Gabba and realised I’ve never worn it without arm warmers. Was just wondering what other peoples experiences are.

iainc

stevious – I bought the SS one recently in a sale, having read good stuff about them. Already had the LS one. I think it’s worth having both if you have the option. Also recently ordered the fawesome gilet but haven’t got it yet – not sure if I will be keeping it – will need it to feel better than my Gore one…

ashfanman
    Free Member

I’ve never worn my SS Gabba without arm warmers. If it’s too mild for arm warmers, I’m unlikely to be wearing my Gabba. I’d then probably be in a summer jersey with a gilet.

The reason I got the SS rather than LS version is because I couldn’t get a good enough fit in the LS. I’m tall and skinny, so needed to size up to get long enough sleeves.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I guess 50% of the time

guystabler
    Free Member

I have a convertible one best if both worlds. Sleeves on for cold days or sleeves off with warmers for more flexibility.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gabba (and it's ilk) users: A Straw Poll’ is closed to new replies.