Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Gabba 2, Gabba 2 or Gabba 2?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Looking at the Gabba range but can’t decide.

Short sleeve and arm warmers.
    Long sleeve
    Or convertible .

I guess they are all rated for the same temps.
    Convertible option is appealing but can you take the sleeves on and off without removing the jacket?

Any input is appreciated.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Slight difference in temperature range, long windproof sleeves are warmer than arm warmers.
    I went with short sleeves combined with nanoflex arm warmers as they are the most flexible option.

I run pretty cool and find it good for around 10-18 degrees when riding easy, few degrees less when pushing on.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I had the long sleeved soft shell Endura jacket for years and the sleeves were very tight and eventually split along the seams.

So this prompted me to get a short sleeved Gabba 2 as this too is skin tight and I thought the constant putting on and removing would wear the seams in the same way. Worn with Nanoflex arm warmers, nice and toasty

EDIT: wear from circa 4 to 8 degrees with arm warmers. Through the winter I wore beneath another soft shell jacket for warmth down to zero degrees. They are quality pieces of kit

scaredypants

I don’t have a gabba but I have a poor(er) peoples’ version

Wish I’d bought the short sleeve just for extra versatility really

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Springtime in Belgium

sefton
    Free Member

long, they are for foul weather

I have also got the alpha – that is quality too!

onandon
    Free Member

I’m thinking changeable weather so remove able sleeves, warmers would be handy.
    For proper cold -5 to +5 I have other jackets to use.

Vortexracing

I have both long and short sleeved.

My choice would be convertible.

and the Perfetto for summer/late spring/early autumn

DanW
    Free Member

SS and warmers is the most versatile option by far IMO

mrblobby
    Free Member

For me…

fatmax

I’m getting a convertible this autumn, and can then be used SS and arm warmers too.

kayak23

Gabba 2, Gabba 2 or Gabba 2?

Gabba, gabba Hey, surely?

cloudnine
    Free Member

The prefetto SS for warmer wet and LS Gabba for cold wet..

The LS gabba is ace and was my most worn item last winter

Oblongbob

I’ve got the convertible and it’s brilliant. Best of both worlds I reckon. I can take the sleeves off easily enough with the top on, and have done it while riding a couple of times without too much wobbliness. Short sleeve version and arm warmers would be my next choice.

Merak

mrblobby – Member
    For me…

This

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

SS + Nanoflex arms. Believe the hype, the Gabba is excellent.

Drac

ChrisA
    Free Member

One of each for me, I use my long sleeve one just about all winter & then switch to the short sleeve one / nano flex arm warmers Spring / Autumn when it’s a bit more mixed weather

They are easily one of the best items of cycling clothing I own

brakeswithface

Short sleeve and the arm warmers here. I also rate these as an alternative http://road.cc/content/review/144507-stolen-goat-orkaan-race-tech-jersey

thetallpaul
    Free Member

+1 for Stolen Goat stuff.
    Orkaan SS and arm warmers work a treat.
    May have to invest in their bibs and leg warmers later in the year.
    Reflectives on arm and leg warmers are a bonus too.

Really like the fit too. I’m 6’4 and relatively long limbed.
    No problem with the castelli stuff, but the fit just wasn’t for me.

sputnik
    Free Member

Thetallpaul what size in SG did you buy?

iainc

for those with SS and arm warmers, do you actually take the arm warmers off much ? I have the LS one, which I really like, so curious

jamiep
    Free Member

I have a LS and a SS with arm warmers too. Probably prefer the SS as it is more versatile outside the depths of the winter months

iainc

interesting – may look into a SS one !

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s nice to be able to pick sleeves appropriate for conditions.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

@sputnik XXL. I’m a 44 inch chest, and very wide across the shoulders. The sleeves come to just above my elbow, and the back length is generous. No flappy material, as the roubaix lining keeps the material just stiff enough.

@iainc SS + armwarmers is much more versatile. If you set off early morning and it’s cold, and then the sun makes an appearance, it’s really nice to be able to remove the arms to run that little bit cooler.

iainc

ok, you’ve convinced me 🙂 SS one just ordered !

bluebird
    Free Member

Or convertible .

This is the best piece of road kit I own. You can use it in a huge range of conditions.

avdave2

Lusso also do something very similar and take the same approach as the Stolen Goat kit which is to make the armwarmers of the same material.That seems to be the best option, not sure why the Gabba isn’t configured that way.
    It’s probably what I’d go for, I’ve always liked Lusso kit, I’ve a pair of thermal bib tights that are still good after 25 years, and it’s still made in the UK

atlaz
    Free Member

Convertible. I rarely unzip the sleeves on mine but it’s nice to have the option.

onandon
    Free Member

Couldn’t decide so ordered one of each and some nanoflex warmers. I’ll send back what I don’t like.

onandon
    Free Member

The stuff arrived today. the SS and arm warmers are a clear winner.
    The convertible feels odd. The removable sleeves are baggy but the inner sleeve connected to the jersey are fitted/ tight so it just feels strange.

Strange as in you feel like you keep needing to adjust it to get it to sit properly.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

good stuff, told ya!

mrblobby
    Free Member

THB I’ve not tried the long sleeve, I just assumed it would be either weird or hard to get on given the tight race fit of the Gabba. The SS isn’t the easiest of tops to get on as it is! The warmers and SS just seems a much more sensible way to go about it.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

FYI – Gabba 2 L/S jersey is no more, it has been discontinued for 2017.

The Gabba S/S jersey will remain however the L/S jersey has been redesigned and instead of being Gabba 3 L/S is instead called the Perfetto L/S jersey.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t they already do a SS Prefetto? A sort of Gabba lite.

onandon
    Free Member

Yep.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Gabba 2, Gabba 2 or Gabba 2?’ is closed to new replies.