Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • G shock watches
  • bruneep

which one?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

the one you like the most?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Big fat chunky one.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Were they always expensive or did they become cool at some stage?

TooTall
    Free Member

Get a solar powered one – the lack of battery is great. G Shock are the only watch I’ve not busted beyond use.

xcstu
    Free Member

Recommend the G Shock G-9200…. have had so long the 10 year battery has just been replaced!! also have a G Shock Mudman… Both do the job nicely 😉

CHB

Second idea of solar power, also if you can get one with Waveceptor then thats cool, as it is ALWAYS the right time to the exact second.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I broke my old (very chunky) G-Shock, snapped the strap and managed to get the button ripped off the front by a lathe whilst turning farmhouse dining table legs.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Had a G-Shock for a couple of years a big fat black plastic jobbie, tough as ****, cost me £60 from ‘The Argos’ great for riding, working and other manly pusuits grrrrr!

carbon
    Free Member

I have killed several watches in the past from mountain biking. Normally the metal strap wears out with too much off road use.

So I got one of these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-GW-1400DU-1AVER-G-SHOCK-Combi-Bracelet/dp/B000KLJVP4 It looks pretty smart and seems rugged enough to survive lots of knocks. Solar powered and Waveceptor.

sc-xc

The solar power is shit.

I am sick of having to put it under a light because it runs out juice. Who wears their watch over their shirtsleeves?

carbon
    Free Member

Maybe you have short arms. 😀

bruneep

or long sleeves

cheers will look into those

Slacks
    Free Member

Solar Power is not great. Gave up on mine in the end. Working nights might have been a issue.

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

I’ve had my G-Shock for years, it’s never broken and has had some real serious abuse. Just get the one that does what you want or that you like. I would also recomend a Suunto, although these are much more pricey, they are the watch for the outdoors.

aviemoron
    Free Member

I use a Mudman for work, generally ok for a digi (still prefer analogue) but when working hard in Scottish conditions i.e. normally cool, it steams up and is unreadable!

flyingmonkeycorps

I have an MTG something or other I bought off here – had it a year or so I think, give or take, solar and waveceptor. Never had any problems with it, the solar seems to last forever, although knowing it’s always right means I have no excuse for being late.

Philby

Had a G-Shock for a few years mainly to use for cycling as my Omega was getting bashed. Last year suddenly started getting very bad rashes from the G-Shock’s strap, so might be something to consider if you have sensitive skin.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

I have one of these.

Replaced a Series 1 (Original) Animal watch which was amazingly long lived. I had another Animal watch in the middle but the quality wasn’t the same.

Really happy with it so far. But it has a few years to go before it really proves itself 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

So – to quantify solar powered watches:

If you are not a frikkin nightstalker and you are the sort of person who wears short sleeves occasionally, you’ll be fine. If you are a nightstalker or you have short arms / 24 hr a day sleeve-wearing sort, then you might not like the idea. I’ve worn the solar one for almost 2 yrs non stop and never had it anything other than fully charged.

rOcKeTdOg

i hate waveceptor watches, never had one reliable, it’s not hard to alter the time on a regular watch now is it?

redthunder
    Free Member

gw-500u st

Solar, Atomic and keeps perfect time.

http://www.casio.co.uk/Products/Watches/G-Shock/GW-500U-1VER/At%20a%20Glance

Militant_biker

I got the GW-002E-1VER 2 years ago. It is Waveceptor and solar power and is quite simply awesome. It cost me £34 from Amazon.

In ‘normal’ use, under jackets, long sleeve tops etc. (rarely shirts)- using the light on a not infrequent basis, I’ve never seen the battery indicator less than ‘High’. I’ve found the Waveceptor function to be flawless. Never had a problem getting a signal anywhere in the UK, anywhere in the house. I now have a watch which I never have to worry about, and I know is to-the-second accurate.

Took it to Europe (Amsterdam) and it worked fine. In the USA it admittedly didn’t get a signal, but it didn’t lose any time over the week we were there.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘G shock watches’ is closed to new replies.