Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • G-Shock
  • baldSpot
    Free Member

Any good models out there? The range is HUGE and I'm getting a bit confused. Think I'm after a Digital Clockface with easy to access/use stopwatch function.
    Any recommendations?

Del

get one with the waveceptor function so it always tells the right time, and solar too, so you very, very, very rarely ever have to change the battery. anything else is just to your taste.
    great watches – very pleased with mine.

DickBarton

The waveceptor one I had refused to synch itself properly…each morning it would be set 1 hour behind…I flew to Austria and the receiver changed to the time sent from Germany…and it then reported to be 1 hour ahead of itself…I reset it each day and each morning it would be out of synch again.

The concept is great, the solar power part is brilliant, but that particular model was rubbish.

I ended up with a Protrek something or other – has compass, thermometer, altimeter and barometer on it as well as a stopwatch – these all seem to work but again, the fancy toys need regular calibration so I've now given up recalibrating…depending on the weather I can be 5m – 155m above sea level standing at my front door – I think I'm actually about 15m above sea level in reality so it's not entirely accurate. Compass is good but altimeter and temp are a bit hit-and-miss – but that is probably the same with any device strapped to your wrist.

Good watch, seems to be pretty indestructible but is quite chunky…and I've got spaghetti arms so it can look rather odd.

simonk
    Free Member

I just have the Mudman edition, works a treat and has survived me for over a year now….good sign.

Simonk

grtdkad

I've owned a couple over the last 10 (!) or so years. I don't think you can go far wrong, really solid, so you do not have to think about them…bike/swim etc.
    Great product imo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘G-Shock’ is closed to new replies.