• This topic has 16 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • G-Form knee pads
  • hunta

I really like my G-Form knee pads and have recommended them to various people along the way, mostly because they’re a good balance between comfort and protection and don’t cost the earth.

I seem to remember paying around £30 for the pair a few years back. Now I come to replace them as the material’s getting ripped, only to find it’s more like double that – £55 on their website.

Does anyone know of a stockist at a more reasonable price (and not the bright yellow ones please…)?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’d be (am) tempted to get the pads re-sown onto some knee warmers, as it’s the basic flimsy Lycra sock that is the weak point of G forms. 15-20 quid for a pair of warmers and a fiver at your local seamstress/repair shop?

bruneep

Bliss pads?

poah
    Free Member

trail skins, g-form don’t even pass the basic impact test.

hunta

trail skins, g-form don’t even pass the basic impact test.

Thanks for the recommendation. What is the basic impact test, is this something official or just a turn of phrase?

andybrad

ive had a guy at work crack my legs with a bar if 17-4 while wearing g forms and i would say they are good.

not as comfy as my fox enduros but the fox ones are rubbish protection.

bruneep

Armor? Never read beyond that.

If I wanted to get all stromtroopered up I would, I just want something light and unobtrusive. I like Bliss pads and they have been fine for me.

scotroutes

What is the basic impact test,

That’s when trolls bash them on the underside of the bridge they’re living under.

poah
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

Armor? Never read beyond that.

If I wanted to get all stromtroopered up I would, I just want something light and unobtrusive. I like Bliss pads and they have been fine for me.

??????????????????

Bliss pads are EN-1621-2 CE Level 1 rated

bruneep

I know it really wasn’t the reason I bought them though. If the OP wants gform pads that’s fine but don’t pass on your hatred of them.

poah
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

I know it really wasn’t the reason I bought them though. If the OP wants gform pads that’s fine but don’t pass on your hatred of them.

eh? what drugs are you on.

bruneep

same speech over a yr ago.

johnnystorm

Is it that they don’t pass the test or haven’t been submitted for the test? Regardless I wouldn’t otherwise wear pads so better than nothing. Only downside is the sleeves as mentioned and if you’re unlucky enough to get a sharp Stone between the mouldings.

poah
    Free Member

johnnystorm – Member

Is it that they don’t pass the test or haven’t been submitted for the test

don’t pass

poah
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

same speech over a yr ago.

seriously, 5 words is a speach to you? I think you’d better watch out for billy goats.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘G-Form knee pads’ is closed to new replies.