Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Future classic cars
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

More poke, Sir?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604052666387?page=1&search-target=usedcars&radius=1500&model=brz&postcode=GU7%202RA&searchcontext=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&sort=locasc&seller-type=private_adverts&make=subaru&logcode=p

What bhp is that chucking out though? If its much more than the standard car you would want much wider tyres on it.

I have to agree with this – I was taken up a closed road (Harewood Hill Climb) in a bog-standard BMW 320 by an instructor and it utterly terrified me – he was braking so late and going through corners so quickly it astounded me.

320d is a bloody good car.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I was just sat here wondering if the Renault Vel Satis could become a future classic car. I then googled and looked at a few pics . . . . . 😯

stilltortoise
    Free Member

a drivers car is not about power, its about how it drives.

Interesting comment. I recently got a 118d having been lucky enough to own an Elise and a Boxster in recent years. I find myself disappointed with the comparatively slow acceleration – even compared to other 2 litre turbo diesels I’ve driven – but there’s no denying it’s hugely enjoyable on the winding B roads.

njee20
    Free Member

What like at a track day?
    Or do you all drive like super hero’s on the queens highway cos you got the skillz? Which I guess is fine until somebody loses a leg.

I love all this car talk, real man stuff.

Eh? All I said was that on paper (mainly because I was interested) that car A was quicker than car B. There was not a remote allusion to my mad skillz (which are non-existent), nor an inference that I drive like a **** on public roads (which I don’t). But y’know, get a good bit of handwringing in. 🙄

stevehine

@njee – I think I pushed him over the edge by suggesting that it wasn’t all about straight line speed and offering people a ride in my car so they could see what it was like in real life.

The Horrors.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

it wasn’t all about straight line speed

I remember being in a passenger in my colleague’s souped up GT-R when he floored it (sub 3s 0-60). It was impressive for a second or two but then…well, it’s a bit m’eh since once at speed it no longer feels fast in a straight line on big roads. However I would LOVE to be a passenger when he takes it on the track (and by all accounts he’s pretty handy).

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I find myself disappointed with the comparatively slow acceleration – even compared to other 2 litre turbo diesels I’ve driven – but there’s no denying it’s hugely enjoyable on the winding B roads.

I had an 118d as a courtesy vehicle and sort of know what you mean.

That’s just a modern car thing. So much comfort, engine refinement and stuff, that you feel some what removed from the experience, so a car that does 0-60 in under 10 secs can feel slow.

The 120d does have a lot more punch though

jimjam
    Free Member

Torque.

Milkie
    Free Member

Ford Racing Puma will be a classic, I have already seen the prices double in 3 years, really kicking myself I didn’t jump at the one for £2k a few years ago yes there was rust, same goes for the Mk1 Focus RS. For some reason Ford classics always go for a fair wedge of cash, but not before they hit rock bottom prices.

Skyline GTR’s
    GT86
    Audi RS’s 3/4/6
    Integra Type R
    Clio 182/172
    205 GTi
    M3 CSL’s
    Impreza

The only way to buy a car with the hope it makes money, is to buy the most standard/original well kept one you can and then put it in temperature/humidty controlled bubble for the next 10-40 years.

alpin
    Free Member

friend of mine has just bought himself either a E28 or E34 M5 Kombi/Estate… can’t remember which. either way there are fewer than 400 registered in Germany and there were (according to him) fewer than 2000 produced.

he had some money spare… paid 13000€ for it.

need some tlc, but he has the time and space for it.

BadlyWiredDog

Nothing special about Corrados. An ugly wedge but each to their own.

Oh, okay.

agent007
    Free Member

These are starting to appreciate fast at the moment, only about 400 on the road, good time to buy I’d say 🙂

timber

Old M5 estate will be e34. Good choice, rare as and lhd only, so not much of a goer here. Deep purple colour?
    Looked for an e34 525iX when I last needed an estate, but decided a lot of old model specific parts wouldn’t be cheap.

Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘Future classic cars’ is closed to new replies.