Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Fury – the film
  • jools182
    Free Member

What’s with the ridiculous CGI tracer rounds?

Looks like star wars

nairnster
    Free Member

I think during Ww2 the us army used a ratio of 4:1 in their tanks so every 5th round was a tracer.

I also remember hearing something that at the time the film was set, the 75mm guns on the m4 sherman actually used a tracer on every anti tank round.

maxtorque

Seriously? That’s the worst thing you can find wrong with that movie??

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jools182
    Free Member

Yes maxtorque the whole movie is pretty dire. I was half expecting the saving private ryan ringing in ears bits, it’s just that was the first thing to grate. Why try for visual authenticity and then have such unrealistic tracer rounds? They stuck out like a sore thumb. Awful.

nairnster
    Free Member

Lol, as posted, the tracers arent the unrealistic part.

RustyNissanPrairie

Don’t worry about the 88’s that couldn’t hit the side of a barn, waltzing Tigers, or suicidal ‘don’t bother with sneaking round the side’ SS troops, its deffo the tracers that make this film the guff feast it is.

Don’t get me started on American Sniper either.

DezB
    Free Member

Enjoyed it. Scene with no shooting in it was one of the most uncomfortable in film in a long time. Shoot out at the end was a bit silly, but really liked the film. I’ve never seen a ‘tracer’.

Drac

Has some silly moments and yes the bit at the end was predictably cliched but overall an enjoyable film.

Aren’t tracers supposed to be very bright? No matter it’s for cinematic effect anyway to give a bit of dramatics with the shots glimpsing the target or rattling off.

jools182
    Free Member

Yup tracers are bright, but they are not lasers. I’m not a fan of CGI, but that was terrible

This is some footage of tracer rounds

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbDvc8-9g8[/video]

The tracers are about half way through

Drac

Yeah they seem to be very bright.

Look it’s Stat Wars.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQKMxBkU994[/video]

nairnster
    Free Member

Thats not a great example to compare, as quite clearly every round is not a tracer in your video, so naturally looks different.

Drac

But yet some how they’re all bright.

Like I said though it’s just for cinematic effect in Fury.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m supposed to watch some YouTube videos of tracers on my phone and then think ‘oh yeah, those tracers that I can’t even remember in that film were stupid weren’t they? What a crap film!’ ??

nairnster
    Free Member

@drac i was originally referring to jools video he posted.

Even in yours every round is not a tracer. The gaps in the tracers are non tracer rounds which you obviously can not see.

jools182
    Free Member

No, it’s a crap film in general. Typical Hollywood clichés. I just thought they could have got basic visual authenticity right.

[video]https://youtu.be/q7qm4jgqDxE[/video]

CaptJon
    Free Member

It’s a film, right? Not a documentary. Very few films with action in them are realistic because sacrifices have to be made to make things cinematic and help the viewer. Suspend the disbelief, sit back and enjoy the mud.

As for the ending, i assumed that the kid was just an unreliable witness retelling the story of people he hated become heroes to him.

hammyuk
    Free Member

A good friend was a “Tankie” – the vitriol from him over that film and its utter dross was something to see….
    It couldn’t be much more unrealistic if they broke into a rendition of Saturday Night Fever halfway through!
    Although saying that – some of the real stories might have that being more realistic….

wysiwyg
    Free Member

As we all know, stubble fields werent that big during the war.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Not seen the film – but that clip above shows the Germans to be the worst shots in the world. And the tracers look like lasers.

Drac

Even in yours every round is not a tracer. The gaps in the tracers are non tracer rounds which you obviously can not see.

I know.

Cletus
    Free Member

A film has to be pretty dire to get you rooting for the SS but that’s what I was doing for the last 20 minutes.

Shot twice by a sniper and only a little bit inconvenienced? – go Brad!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Those German anti tank crews were appalling shots it seems

jordie
    Free Member

Brad would be mincemeat with that cheeky Stick grenade at the end dropped into Fury, no no he is is still in one piece. As for the German solider shining his torch you have just killed all my mates but that smile I will let you live.

RustyNissanPrairie

The only good thing about the film is the 3 genuine Sherman tanks used and Bovingtons (only surviving driveable) Tiger. That is all.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Fury – the film’ is closed to new replies.