Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Furthest you've travelled to collect a bike?
  • transporter13
    Free Member

Just wondering since ive been toying with the idea of driving up to fife from the midlands to collect a frame that should have been collected on tues/wed and should’ve been with me by yesterday 🙁

do i take all my parts with me…build somewhere and then get a ride in somewhere before travelling back down??

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I once travelled from Northampton to Bradford to pick up a bike (2nd hand Langster) did however also detour in to see some freinds for lunch and made a day of it, ended up being a pleasant way to spend a day.

wheeliejim
    Free Member

Not a bike, but I travelled from south devon to sheffield to pick up 2 RATS for my girlf….

spacemonkey

My max is only a 200 mile round trip for a frame, but when we were 15 my mate’s date dad drove him from Sussex to Leicester to pick up a Duralinox.

Sometimes you just have to make the effort.

Onzadog
    Free Member

When I was fifteen, I cycle from the south of leicestershire with a pair of rockshox on my back, up to nottingham as I’d been given the wrong ones. Not a massive distance put a pretty massive effort.

ampthill

Bedfordshire to Wales and back. I think 200 miles round trip, maybe a bit more

It was worth the hassle. Roads were very quiet as the volcanic ash shut all the airports. Spent the whole journey adniring the complete blue dome above free od clouds and contrails. A very rare site from the UK

_tom_
    Free Member

120 mile round trip to collect a frame. Not very far really.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I bought a bike on ebay. It was in Arizona, I was in Fife, I got it delivered to a friend in Bend Oregon, I rode across the state, caught the train to San Francisco, rode round Marin and flew home.

Do I win something?

Highland28
    Free Member

Again not a bike, but when I was sailing my dad and I drove from Tain (1hr North of Inverness) to Plymouth via the wash and London on the way and then again via the the wash on the way back to buy a boat for my sailing. All done in 3 days and then a weekend of sailing followed by a usual week at school. Yes I was pretty tired by the end.

simonjf63
    Free Member

London to Edinburgh to pick up a second hand 575 frame. Built it up, rode it once then the guy’s who were installing my new boiler helpfully left the flat door wide open and some local scrote helped themselves

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Scunthorpe to London with a mate to pick up some sort of santa cruz i think, did a u-turn on the mall, was at the geezers house literally 5 minutes, paid and drove back

mcmoonter
    Free Member

did a u-turn on the mall, was at the geezers house literally 5 minutes

Was this the Dandyhorse in question?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

oh ive got another,

august 2004 drove home from morzine to scunthorpe for a week (888 miles i think door to door), had been there since the february, was meant to go back out after reading festival to watch the world champs, left my bikes in the apartment id rented there, financial reasons meant i couldnt go back, drove there and back in a weekend in early october,

timdrayton
    Free Member

Northampton to south wales and back in a day, beautiful scenery

TooTall
    Free Member

Living in Cambridgeshire at the time – test rode a bike in Little Rock, Arkansas. Went from Cambs to Missouri 6 months later to pick up the bike.

First bike I’ve ever been able to test ride before buying!

oldfart

I went to Whistler to get my Spicy and decided to stay around for 5 1/2 months to make it worth while ! 😀

Tracey

From Barnsley to Lille in France

psychle
    Free Member

Drove from London to Brechfa and back in a day (800 odd miles) to make sure I was the first to get to the seller of my Bow-Ti, was worth it!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Furthest you've travelled to collect a bike?’ is closed to new replies.