Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • further to the scrote story
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Blimming heck what a right carry on!! But things look a bit more rosey and I hope you get it all sorted out soon. Bullies make my urine boil.

Andy

Ah thats brilliant news!

Just goes to show that both the Police and the School are management hierarchies (sorry sounds bollocks but cant think to say it any other way on a fri night) just like anywhere else, and so you just need to work out where apply your attention. Well done iDave. Glad you have made progress, and also your familly has kept its dignity 😀

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

That's good news. As you said, shame it couldn't happen like this first time round but you've got things moving and been incredibly reasonable doing it. Nice one 🙂 Hope your daughter feels a bit better about things now.

zaskar
    Free Member

teachers even stood by when scrote came at me. teachers are afraid apart from the one who took it hard protecting her.

Teachers are always getting sued by parents for stopping fights-its rediculous. I had to be a witness as a teacher pulled off a 15yr old kicking the head of battered teen on floor only for the 15 yr bring theor parents into school who didn't want to know.

Some kidshave probs but why leave them in a class halting the progress of normal kids? Kick the little toads out of school and get them working cleaning toilets. Hope Cameron does bring back power to schools.

Good on you IDAVE!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I hope it's not too early to say well done. Wouldn't want to curse the progress.

iDave
    Free Member

don't think i can say much more for a while, things are moving along. i can honestly say having heard all that has gone on (4 hours of statement) that there are about 6 young women in this town I'd happily beat senseless, not that I can. they're heartless, evil, destructive scum.

zaskar
    Free Member

No need for it, is there?

but they choose their actions and must take responsibility instead of blaming other people for their problems.

One day your Daughter will drive past her in a new car etc and the scrote will be on the dole or in prison.

Edric64
    Free Member

The trouble is when they are on the dole or in prison the rest of us pay for it.

iDave
    Free Member

my daughter will more likely be the surgeon doing scrote's lung cancer surgery

more hassle today, scrote trying to find daughters house and go round with 6 lads

which i'd enjoy if i actually lived there and was there when they arrived. But it just meant another call to plod

Edric64
    Free Member

When I suggested eradication of problems such as this it was frowned on by the moderators.Seriously though what do we do with people who are like this?

niallmb
    Free Member

has anyone suggestted a STW outing to go visit said scrote. I'm sure theres a few of us who'd be up for it!!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

iDave – please no offense intended to you – you have dealt with adifficult situation as well as any of us would hope to

edric – firstly look at why people become like this. Then put in the resources and efforts t stop them being like this.

it will probably be tied up with bad parenting and possibly abuse, low self esteem, that sort of issue. It will be multifactorial and difficult. Am ingrained culture is a hard thing to break.

the main problem is that the things that need to happen for that person to be able to take a reasonable place in society don't play well with the hang 'em and flog em and don't waste your money "Daily Wail" brigade – and especially not those who believe in violence as the answer.

It is expensive and hard to do – but can be done with the political wiill. Lots of stuff on this out there if you want to learn.

Calling them scum and wanting to shoot them whilst an understandable reaction does not provide a solution. Solutions take time money and effort but turning an antisocial asshat into a decent member of society is actually well worth the price as long term it saves money.

Coyote
    Free Member

it will probably be tied up with bad parenting and possibly abuse, low self esteem, that sort of issue. It will be multifactorial and difficult. Am ingrained culture is a hard thing to break.

True.

Calling them scum and wanting to shoot them whilst an understandable reaction does not provide a solution. Solutions take time money and effort but turning an antisocial asshat into a decent member of society is actually well worth the price as long term it saves money.

I hate to admit it, but he does have a point…

donsimon
    Free Member

I have to agree, when I was in school some 25-30 years ago, a girl in my year hit a teacher. What does that girl, who is now probably a parent, think is acceptable behaviour?

Good luck iDave

Edric64
    Free Member

How do you break the culture of several generations of feckless loutish behaviour though.Dad was a teacher for years and said in some schools this attitude and behaviour is almost endemic.Whilst we spend money sorting out the problem people who thinks about the good well behaved kids. Do they get rewarded with trips to Alton Towers and free i pods as well?

donsimon
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

How do you break the culture of several generations of feckless loutish behaviour though.?

By kicking them up the ar5e, but modern day liberalisation won't allow you!

Edric64
    Free Member

I know but I risk a ban if I spout off again!!

tron
    Free Member

How do you break the culture of several generations of feckless loutish behaviour though.

Surestart was set out to do just that, but unfortunately it suffered mission creep to the point of becoming something entirely different.

The big issue is self selection – you cannot compel parents to bring their kids to Surestart, and so you end up with mainly the interested parents bringing their kids in, rather than the disinterested ones you're hoping to target.

I suspect that ultimately there is a massive suite of changes that need to be made – you need to actually incentivise learning and hard work, and for that to happen we need increased social mobility. Or some serious state intervention in people's parenting of their children, but that's something I think would be rather ugly.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

the main problem is that the things that need to happen for that person to be able to take a reasonable place in society don't play well with the hang 'em and flog em and don't waste your money "Daily Wail" brigade – and especially not those who believe in violence as the answer.

……. Edric 64 – Member
    …………Whilst we spend money sorting out the problem people who thinks about the good well behaved kids. Do they get rewarded with trips to Alton Towers and free i pods as well?

don simon – Member

By kicking them up the ar5e, but modern day liberalisation won't allow you!

Edric64
    Free Member

Yes TJ all well and good but many problem kids have been pandered to and it has not helped improve their attitude or self esteem
    Would some form of not National Service but maybe Pioneer Corp work, whereby community projects get worked on to encourage team building and friendship whilst respecting a chain of command but in a military type environment?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I guess ( and its not really my field) Something along the lines of a pioneer corps could be a part of the answer. Got to draw a very careful line on disciple between harsh and slack I imagine.

tron
    Free Member

Or better still, intervene early and alter cultures so that we avoid having to deal with kids with deep rooted problems as far as possible. At the moment people can treat their kids pretty horrendously for quite a while before someone will intervene, particularly if the man of the house is the sort to appear at the front door telling all and sundry to eff off.

Edric64
    Free Member

Agree it needs to be constructive.Have you seen the article I think there is a programme as well where a girl took three bad lads sailing in the Carribean and by the end they had seen the error of their ways and have now come home and started to get their lives sorted?

Edric64
    Free Member

Nursery and schooling can help but the parents really need to be involved and educated as well otherwise the good work done at nursery and in school is undone a soon as the child goes home

aracer
    Free Member

How do you break the culture of several generations of feckless loutish behaviour though.

Sterilisation.

Edric64
    Free Member

Now if I suggested that the mods would have me .Having said that Ghandi tried it in India in exchange for a radio so upgrade to an ipod and you may have a deal!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I love reading what people who dont work in this area think. TJ you are correct but no amount of professional intervention works – what can we do in a few hours that combats everything that happens at home? The positive stuff people get is more likely to be a trip bowling than an Ipod or expensive foreign holiday. It also tends to be failry effective in terms of retention and more importantly redusing offending and stopping it escalting to more serious offences.
    Sadly a number of our young citizens are just sh1ts who dont really respect anything, including themselves. They tend to hang with like minded individuals and all attend YOT – probation for young people – on mass and their lack of care for this is obvious.
    Sure start is again a good idea but again what can we do to make a bad parent a good one? Go down the park and witness it today. Today I saw a guy asking his 3- 4 year old where her f@cking shoes were and why the f@ck could she not wear them – he had just got up from his spliff and special brew – about 10 adults 20 + kids – to make this point. I dont really see what the state can do to prevent this sadly. – 20 years in social services, teaching and variety of youth work intervention type work.
    The treat them like sh1t punish them or kick up the rear really does not work. Research shows that the best factor is the presence of a life long positive adult – does not need to be parent hence the increasing interest in community mentors but not popular as a bit wolly to sel this to Daily Mail types despite the evidence base.
    Some of these young kids really are unpleasnt , uncaring amoral asshats – yes they have reasons for this but they also have to be held, to varying degrees , culpable and responsible for their own behaviour. So do there parents but there is no magic wand whether you use a fluffy liberal one or a brutal nail spiked one.

cinnamon_girl

From my experience as a mum of 2 (now adult) kids who attended a 'mixed' school. Many children have parents who have no expectations of them and actually don't know how to 'parent'.

My son's year had a particularly bad, aggressive, hardcore group of lads from these families. Their PE Teacher was brilliant, he encouraged them to play rugby. They learned how to work as a team, they actually had people saying positive things to them and praising them. Eventually they reached a County championship and they were so proud. They felt valued.

But they still go back to their 'normal' lives. Subsequently, some have ended up in Borstal, trouble with the Police etc etc. I just don't feel there is much hope for them unless they are removed from that environment.

I honestly believe that sport should play an important part in childrens lives – so many of life's lessons can be learned. I've been involved in voluntary coaching both at school and at an athletic club but, at the end of the day, the attendees do not fall into the 'problem' category.

Self-esteem is a hugely important subject and it really does need addressing.

cinnamon_girl

Junkyard – interesting to hear it from your perspective, although it does sadden me. So many people don't reach their potential so is this where 'community mentors' come in? Would certainly like to hear how this works.

iDave
    Free Member

PC called round, he gave the impression that scrote parents were decent people at the end of their tether. they have agreed to keep her at home. will see what she instructs her hordes to do. i have lost compassion for people like her. she makes bad choices. she'll have to deal with it. they have an apocalypse hanging over them which will descend like a legion of demons if anyone lays a finger on my girl again. the law will deal with the first 2 assaults, i'll deal with the next one.

also daughter is fired up in full banshee mode. she'll fight back hard next time. obviously i really hope there isn't a next time though.

Hairychested
    Free Member

iDave, repeated good lucks your way.

MartynS

this sort of thing makes my P*ss boil..what worries me is your daughter, in defending herself, beats 7 shades out of the scrote, and then finds herself in serious trouble.

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘further to the scrote story’ is closed to new replies.