• This topic has 45 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Further to the debt thread…
  • agent007
    Free Member

To be honest I sometimes have reverse envy. I envy people who’s lives are simple, free of the need for excess material things, free to travel, free to enjoy nature, the environment and those things in life that really don’t cost that much money.

Often I look on in pity an feel sorry for those driving flashy Range Rovers, living in huge houses and the like. How hollow must they be if their confidence and sense of worth depends on these things? Think what they have sacrificed to get those? Either they’ve worked themselves all hours to the bone, missing out on a lot of life in the process, or they’re up to the eyeballs in debt.

nickc

she constantly compares us to others in the school playground

why does she care? Seriously, get a grip, I really get wound up by this. Never understood why people care about how other people they don’t know that well; live their lives.

Look after yourself and your closest, what any other **** gets up to is none of your business.

johndoh
    Free Member

Either they’ve worked themselves all hours to the bone, missing out on a lot of life in the process, or they’re up to the eyeballs in debt.

Yes I agree with that sentiment too – I know people that work all the hours for all the financial rewards but for myself I would rather get home in time to read my children books, help with their homework, tuck them into bed etc – they will all too soon be all grown up 🙁

And that means I pay freelancers to help with my workload at work (small business with eight employees in total including me and my business partner) so I have less ‘profit’ but I get more time.

johndoh
    Free Member

why does she care? Seriously, get a grip, I really get wound up by this. Never understood why people care about how other people they don’t know that well; live their lives.

Because, as is human nature, she compares herself to others. Whether it is right or wrong I don’t have the answer but many people are like that. I think I used to be but am becoming less and less inclined to want to try to keep up – which is part of the reason for my asking this question on here I guess.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yes I agree with that sentiment too – I know people that work all the hours for all the financial rewards but for myself I would rather get home in time to read my children books, help with their homework, tuck them into bed etc – they will all too soon be all grown up

This.
    I know I could earn another £10-£15K in London, and maybe a bit more if I stepped up a grade, but would rather be home with the kids at 6pm most nights.

P-Jay
    Free Member

freeagent – Member

Yes I agree with that sentiment too – I know people that work all the hours for all the financial rewards but for myself I would rather get home in time to read my children books, help with their homework, tuck them into bed etc – they will all too soon be all grown up

This.
    I know I could earn another £10-£15K in London, and maybe a bit more if I stepped up a grade, but would rather be home with the kids at 6pm most nights.

Sort of what I did, although I didn’t exactly plan it – 10 years in Business Finance, very good money, very good ‘performance related pay’ – but 12-14 hour days the norm, lots of travel, lots of stress – work 9-5ish now, work from home Fridays with my daughter with me (18mths old) nice boss, “family first” mentality – less money, more smiles.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Further to the debt thread…’ is closed to new replies.