Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Further to the Darwin Award contender thread…
  • CountZero

…I feel this guy is up for at least a runner up prize, if not the outright winner:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8612858.stm
    I like to think of it as evolution in action, at any rate.
    …Just hope he's not managed to breed, and pass on his stupid gene.

Talkemada
    Free Member

That's someone's relative/loved one you're talking about. Whilst he was undoubtedly foolish to cycle without lights, he did not deserve to die just for being stupid. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I think this story has already been linked and i, among many, were at a loss to understand the harshness of feeling towards this guy.

Incidentally i think that thread was shut down.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Poor form count zero, we dont know the circumstances.

As already mentioned, he was someones, brother, son, dad.

IanMunro
    Free Member

.Just hope he's not managed to breed, and pass on his stupid gene.

Did you get your bell end gene from your parents, or is it been a trait all of your own creation?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Harsh outcome given all he was doing was riding without lights. Countzero you ever nipped out without lights?

Stoner
    Free Member

CZ – you did this the other day. I cant find the thread but it probably got pulled for being crap then. Why is it such a great idea to try it again?

zokes
    Free Member

As a driver who regularly nearly mows down idiots without lights, I'm tentatively agreeing with CZ's point, if not quite his delivery method. How would you like to have been the driver that hit him? What if instead of hitting him, she saw him at the last second, instinctively swerved, and killed someone else?

Talkemada
    Free Member

I think it's CountZero's insensitivity that is at issue here, Zokes, not the stupidity of riding at night without lights.

hora
    Free Member

Rioghtttttttttttt there is a big difference between someone breaking into a place that is obviously dangerous to steal from that very dangerous place.

This thread is bad taste compared.

sockpuppet

you ever nipped out without lights?

not on a busy dual carriageway ring road

Edric64
    Free Member

The A419 near Swindon is busy .What tool rides without lights ?

hora
    Free Member

True but it hardly ranks alongside the idiot in the power station thread.

No one ever ridden home after a few pints at the pub then?

Next thread 'Darwin award contender drunk cyclist killed'

CountZero

I actually rode home once after a headlight bulb blew on a relatively quiet road, thinking I'd be ok. A car coming out of a side road ran straight into me, knocking me clean off my bike. I only suffered a few scuffs and a buckled front wheel. The poor driver was shocked rigid. I was around thirteen/fourteen, and I've never forgotten the lesson I learned. I don't ride without lights. My thoughts are with the unfortunate souls who hit the guy and will have to live with that. I'm afraid I've seen too many people have to live with the memory of being the one responsible for causing the death of an utterly thoughtless idiot, and I have zero sympathy for people who do such stupid things. I nearly ran a guy over who was riding up my road late one night with no lights. I was turning into a side road to reversedirection to park outside my house when I thought I saw something against a car's lights further down the road. As I made the turn and started to pull back onto my road, a guy in black with no lights suddenly appeared from behind a car parked on the corner. The only reason I didn'thit him was because I'd briefly seen something move and I'd hesitated. I had a rather shaken rant, and the guy realised he was doing something dumb and come close to being badly injured and got off and walked. You all may think this is ‘bad form’, or whatever, but I wasn't laughing. People who do things like that make me bloody angry because, like suicides, their thoughtless action leaves many others to pick up the pieces, and I genuinely hope that such thoughtlessness doesn't get passed on. As far as the previous post goes, I hadn't realised it went in, I had closed Safari by accident and thought it had cleared the message.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Further to the Darwin Award contender thread…’ is closed to new replies.