Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Further to the CRC credit card thing…
  • Harry_the_Spider

My card got stopped by my bank (Tesco Finance) because somebody tried to order pizzas at Dominos on it. How did they know to stop it? Not complaining BTW.

1) Did they give the wrong expiry or security code?
    2) Were Tesco watching because of a recent CRC transaction?
    3) Is it because they know that I don’t order pizzas with a credit card?

Bregante

Wrong topping?

Deep pan, when you normally go for thin crust?

j_me
    Free Member

Home delivery from Domino’s Pizza in Lagos ?

JCornford

My credit card company just rang to check my first purchase on my replaced card, it was me though thankfully.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Because they know from your spend history that you are way too tight to even think about ordering pizza from Domino’s.

Simples.

Muddy@rseTony
    Free Member

Usually real time analysis of card usage will spot anomaly.

Shame Tesco’s did not get the police to deliver the pizza!

poppa
    Free Member

Wrong billing address?

blades2000
    Free Member

If they are ordering pizzas does this mean the police will find out where they live and they will get some sort of justice served to them?

Edit, beaten to it

MrNutt
    Free Member

they have a profile on what your buying patterns are.

miketually
    Free Member

Domino’s somewhere miles from where you live?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Is it because they saw a debit to ‘weight watchers’ and then though ‘hang on, I smell a rat’ when Dominos appeared!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Because the Dominos location was far from your home, and they know you were at home 😯

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hmm. Our debit card has been used to make a £70 purchase from Sky Digital. Cheeky bastards. Coincidentally I made a recent purchase from CRC using that very same card.

dan1980
    Free Member

This is something I don’t get. The sky thing will defiantly have an address associated with it. I had a £600 rent deposit taken from my credit card last year (not linked to CRC) so there must be an address for that. Neither the police or HSBC were interested in chasing the address for the dodgey payment to try and catch someone

blades2000
    Free Member

Someone on the other thread mentioned that the police were only interested if the value of fraud was above £5000. That is shocking. It is theft without a shadow of a doubt. It really frustrates me, these people will keep doing it as long as there is no consequence which there doesn’t seem to be.

billybob
    Free Member

Someone on the other thread mentioned that the police were only interested if the value of fraud was above £5000. That is shocking. It is theft without a shadow of a doubt. It really frustrates me, these people will keep doing it as long as there is no consequence which there doesn’t seem to be.

That could be quite a good way to get rich quick, just make sure you fraud enough to stay under that amount across a range of cards…

plop_pants
    Free Member

Is it usual to get the fraudsters name and address in info from the CC company when your card is hit? I did when my card was done. Felt like sending her a fresh turd in a correspondingly brown envelope.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Further to the CRC credit card thing…’ is closed to new replies.