Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Further to my "what light?" thread. Has anybody got one of these?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Hope Vision 1 LED

Good, bad or just ugly?

AndyP
    Free Member

sh1te and ugly.

hora
    Free Member

From research I gathered its only good as a backup or secondary light.

I went for a Airbike SL from on-one for only 20quid more. More than enough I reckon.

spev

I had one, the light itself is ok but it wobbled like jelly on the bars. What do you want the light for? Helmet? Commuting? Backup for night riding?

Harry_the_Spider

Has to be helmet mounted.

Main light for road stuff. Used in conjunction with ancient NR Trail Rat 10W halogen for off road stuff.

Can’t spend more than £100.

AndyP
    Free Member

Has to be helmet mounted.
    it's an absolute monster if you want it helmet mounted. You'd need a neck like Chris Hoy's thighs…

vinnyeh

Not great- bought one as a second light, and found it too heavy as a helmet light, but the narrowish beam, and lack of throw meant it wasn't great on the bars either off the road. Would probably be best used on unlit country roads etc- it was good for the Dunwich Dynamo as an example.

spev

How about one of these
    i've heard good reports
    I used a P7 torch from dealextreme, but got rid as I bought the 5 mode version, i'm awaiting a new smaller 2 mode version for helmet mounting.

The hope is also quite heavy for head mounting, I had a dinotte which had a battery pack the fitted to the back of my helmet which was excellent.

vinnyeh

Why does it have to be helmet mounted?

Much as it pains me to say, if you need it now, get one of the dealextreme lights from lumilite.co.uk- you're paying a £30 premium over the HK price, but it's still only £80, gives out 900 lumens and is helmet mountable if you fork out another £10 for the helmet mount and £4 for the extension cable.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I use one on my bars in conjuction with a helmet mounted dx p7. I wouldn't use it as an only light, but it is a good enough back up and has decent burn time. I can't say I have had any problems with it moving on the bar, but if buying again I would buy two p7's for the money instead.

andywarner
    Free Member

I have my Hope Vision one helmet mounted and think it's fine. I use it in conjuction with a Vision 2 on the bars but my mate who I go riding with uses ONLY a vision 1 round the red at Dalby in the dark. She has no problems at all.

nickegg
    Free Member

Great as a torch and for road riding.

Way too heavy for helmet mounting and the bar clamp is crap if things get remotely rough!

Get some good batteries and it last for ages, even on full beam.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm…

Looking at this now Airbike

£99 + £15 for the helmet mount

Don't want a DX as the horror stories are starting to surface.

brianbrian
    Free Member

I have one and use it every day and think its great. 4 x AA rechargables and carry some Duracell in the saddle pack. Its cheap also and robust. Hope Vision One £74.99

AndyP
    Free Member

the Airbikes are very good.

twinklydave

You'd probably have to order it direct from the US, but I stil love my ickle dinottes, their about a quarter of the size of the hope thing, weigh lots less and kick out a nice amount of light. Plus mine are 3yrs old now and stil going strong.
    I don't even notice it when it's mounted on my lid

The 200l AA battery version is only £75 quid too

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Hope vision one is fine for me, been using it for 3 months on my bars, no other light, lasts for over three hrs on full, done 3.5 hr night rides over rivvy and belmont etc.

The mount has not come loose or wobbled, been down everthing with it on, the eliminator, tearooms and san marino etc and you would have to be bloddy quick to get past me. Works perfect and enough light for riding v fast off road with no other light IMO.

mutley

second the dinottes

got three three year old 200Ls, good beam patterns, bullet proof, rain proof, charge quickly, light etc. run two on the bars, one one the helmet, 600L total, more than enough light and run for 5 hours on full power.

ace

Harry_the_Spider

Just bought a set of 700 lumen Airbikes.

Will have them on Monday.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Further to my "what light?" thread. Has anybody got one of these?’ is closed to new replies.