Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Further Titus bargins at on-one.
  • thepurist

Eh? So you can get an aluminium FTM frame for 100 quid more than the carbon one – howzatworkthen?

upcreek
    Free Member

Always liked the looks of Titus bikes. Don’t think i’ve read any reviews on them though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tempting…

DT78
    Free Member

So is the carbon FTM any good? Anyone ride one? Bikeradar review mentions it has iffy geo with a 140 fork?

stayhigh

Bikeradar reviews mentions BB height can be bit suspect too, Id be interested to hear what people have to say about the FTM as I’m very tempted by one.

Hadge
    Free Member

The carbon FTM looks very very tempting indeed.

Andy

I have a Motolite; predecessor of the FTM with 125mm at the rear instead. I really like it. The FSR Horst rear works well for me and I dont need to use propedal when climbing. The front is a lot steeper than the FTM, and I use 100-140 Talas forks. Set at 140 it can be a bit wandery on the climbs so really needs to be dropped to 100 or 120. never had a problem with pedal strike.

I really do fancy either the FTM carbon or the Rockstar 29er. The FTM carbon should build up to a 25lbs bike; kind of a poor mans Blur LTc I guess?

I also do fancy the Rockstar. I do have a couple of 29ers and have got on really well with them, but am not sure if only having 100mm travel will work for what I wan the bike for.

Oh and the seatubes are very long for the sizes but dont be put off as the frame shape creates a lot of standover. Best to size based on length first.

coogan
    Free Member

Bargain prices for sure. Just never been a fan of how Titus look though.

Sodajim

I ordered a FTM carbon when they first posted last week.
    I read the bike radar review but I tend to take all their reviews with a pinch of salt anyway. How many 140 front ends dont wander on steep climbs?? low bb? Lovely!
    Regarding the angles I will be initially running it with an old 130 fork that I have spare so I should be able to guess fairly well how it will handle a 140 and failing that at that price you can always invest in some angle cups if you want to tweak the geo.
    Given the bikes titus have previously produced Id be surprised if they went to all the trouble of a new design for the FTM and stick totally crap angles on it..
    But hey its cheep.. If you don’t want to take an educated risk you could blow 2 and half grand on a new blur TRc and test ride it first

steve_b77
    Free Member

That FTM looks nice, there’s something in this suspension layout I reckon 😉

Reckon the former is a better buy, considering you could always take it back and get a new one if it breaks 💡

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Further Titus bargins at on-one.’ is closed to new replies.