Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • funny/wacky/ironic car number plates
  • winston
    Free Member

Couple of mature unassuming middle age ladies driving a beige VW Caravelle

I thought they were sisters

As they drove away I saw the plate……H8 COX

Bloke in my old village had PEN 15 on a Black BMW convertible years ago – suited him

CountZero

Pet hate. I can just about tolerate something that refers to the make or model of car, but spelling your name out in text speak nonsense is tragic.

It’s particularly annoying to when you have to try and figure out what the **** someone’s expensive “vanity plate” actually means. I got stuck behind an A3 on the motorway and the plate read something like BL04 J03. I’m sure the guy driving was trying to send out a message other than “I fellate men” but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what it was.
    Seriously, why?
    Life’s too short, etc.
    Two I remember, which made me smile; H1 MOM, on a car on the M4, and N111 NAA on a car parked around the back of Trinity Road Police station in Bristol.

winston
    Free Member

Anyone around Brighton see Dave Day in his new Bentley – it has the most amazing paint job and MR LION plate which he keep getting fines for as he has obviously moved the L to the right

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wonder what question he asks himself daily?

Probably, “Why, oh why did I sell the Vanquish?”

Spotted this on the M4 en route to Afan one day.

stumpy01

Just remembered a Megane Sport used to come past me on the A1 with the number plate VAA V44, might have been the other way round but linked in well with the vaa vaa voom advertising.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I spotted a busty milf in a convertible BMW with the registration J120NME.
    She gave me a wink when she saw that I had twigged it, dirty mare.

jimjam
    Free Member

CountZero

Seriously, why?
    Life’s too short, etc.

For pretty much the exact same reason I hate txt speak. If I receive a text along the lines of “alr8 m8, whts up wht u? I find it annoying to read. The fact that someone would spend money (sometimes quite a lot) to adorn their car with such grammatical shambles I find pretty tragic. If someone on this forum was posting in text speak on a daily basis he’d annoy a lot of people wouldn’t you say?

As I said, I don’t find car models on plates so annoying, usually because a 911 or a 458 for example can have a plate that says exactly that. It’s a bit brash, but at least it’s not an affront to grammaticality. Initials I can just about tolerate but I find it puzzling why anyone would want to broadcast who they are via that medium.

bikemike1968 – Member

I spotted a busty milf in a convertible BMW with the registration J120NME.
    She gave me a wink when she saw that I had twigged it, dirty mare.

Was she dyslexic?

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Was she dyslexic

Didn’t get the chance to find out unfortunately. I was just reaching the vinegar strokes when the lights changed and she drove off…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I knew a bloke who’s initials were JRK. Someone pointed out that his number plate looked like ‘Jerk’
    I had a customer who had an old Triumph Mayflower with the reg ‘OPT 8’, an optician offered him silly money for the plate alone but the owner declined.

alpin
    Free Member

^^ wahey! 😀

Harris
    Free Member

There’s a girl round my way who owns a cleaning firm. The plate on her van reads MI55 MOP.

crossland
    Free Member

The attractive, tall accounts lady at our work had wnk as the letters on her mini, guess what it got christened?

alpin
    Free Member

^^ charlie?

guitarhero
    Free Member

Girl at my uni drives with a plate A11 FUD.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

T13 VAH on (I think) a Scooby.

Tracey

We got one for Abigale, A816ALE, it on a Fiat 500. She likes it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I wonder what question he asks himself daily?

Probably, “Why, oh why did I sell the Vanquish?”

[/quote]

Post.

of.

the.

thread.

So.

far.

simmy
    Free Member

Girl near me has a Citreon C3 reg something like DE** DOH so she has a picture of homer after the DOH 😀

Her mate told me the car just came with that as standard.

luffy105
    Free Member

There was a family owned ice cream parlour and vans in E. yorks. They had a TRY 99S and BUY 99S which always made me chuckle. Company has disappeared now but saw one of the plates on a small Toyota recently.

There’s an M3 around here who has something like 51LY TOY. Not sure exactly on the lettering but it reads as silly toy which amuses me

zippykona

Saw GG W1N on a Bentley and we used to have GAY 69 in for repair when I had a proper job.

Nobby

Deleted pic from old phone but there’s a 4×4 round here with VA61NAL.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Silver Range Rover in Leicester has Sikh (Khanda?) symbols on his reg and I assume goes by the name of JJ Singh – his reg?

JJ 5inch

Ummm….

hanchurch
    Free Member

hanchurch
    Free Member

A couple near me have BU51MUM and BU51DAD

thegreatape
    Free Member

V461 NAS. On a yellow Renault. In Fort William. That must be the shittest overall combination?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yet another customer of mine had plates, GYM 1, GYM 2, GYM 3 etc on his vans. He even changed the name of his logo’s on the vans to Gym A**** Transport, instead if Jim A**** Transport. That seemed weird as he had nowt to with gym’s or fitness!

V461 NAS.

Which could’ve been what the vehicle was allocated with? (I see your point though)

thomthumb
    Free Member

saw a car with N8 NCE

who knows what he thought it said but it looked like nonce to me and my mate.

snakester
    Free Member

Porta loo company near me has LO05 BOG on one of their trucks

Gary_C

A couple near me have BU51MUM and BU51DAD

I’ve seen BU51 COW on an Audi, being driven by a woman in a hurry.

spence
    Free Member

Took this along The Embarcadero, same plate on the back so guess it’s for real.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

This made me chuckle on the back of a Toyota Supra S933RMS

scaredypants

This made me chuckle on the back of a Toyota Supra S933RMS

I’ve even looked at that upside-down. Don’t get it.
    Or is that the joke ?
    Or something

Oh, and just to say

JJ 5inch

I lolled

6hours
    Free Member

Saw EIEIO in New Zealand a few years ago.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

S933RMS -SPEERMS

siwhite
    Free Member

I saw WE57 HAM on a Range Rover Sport recently.

A local tree surgeon has LOP 1T on his Defender.

I have a plate based on my initials. I absolutely love it, and it makes me smile everytime I see it. Doensn’t matter a jot if no-one else gets it…

iolo
    Free Member

I saw FOD 1S on a car a while back.
    The driver must have been Portuguese.

Superficial
    Free Member

I don’t like the awful combinations of letters, I just think they look tragic when you know it’s supposed to say something but you can’t work out what…

I like the idea of a secret code that only very few people would ‘get’ but those who did would chuckle. The best one I’ve seen is TH10 SUX. Meaningless to the average individual but if you’re an anaesthetist or A&E doc you might recognise it as Thio, Sux. AKA the ingredients for a rapid-sequence induction. The more tenuous the better! In a similar vein, I quite fancy M970 XTR. Can’t seem to buy it anywhere though.

I do like the idea of buying a timeless plate and keeping an older (and slightly different) car well-serviced and shiny. Maybe a BMW Z4 Coop or Boxster Coxster. No idea where the bike would go though.

tlr

2 on anaesthetists cars round here are DR02GAS and TT GAS, which used to be on a TT but I don’t think it is any more.

Knee surgeon has N6 ACL.

I’ve not seen V14GRA for a while, it used to be on an old Rav 4.

RUN 1T on a porsche.

D1 WHY on a property developers truck.

I suspect Sheffield may be second only to Wilmslow for private plates and Range Rovers.

CountZero

For pretty much the exact same reason I hate txt speak. If I receive a text along the lines of “alr8 m8, whts up wht u? I find it annoying to read.

It’s hardly having an extended conversation, though, is it? It’s barely even a Twitter post!
    Again, life’s too short to give a shit. There are far more important and pressing things to get enraged about than a few letters and numbers on a car’s registration plate.
    Honestly… 🙄

bruk

See a couple of Audi Q7 s running around with X5 and then combination of letters that I assume are their initials. Presume they are hanging on to the plates in case they do buy another X5. Makes me laugh though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘funny/wacky/ironic car number plates’ is closed to new replies.