Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • funny/wacky/ironic car number plates
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

I saw a car today with the reg number R300BMW (numbers may have been changed)
    it was an Audi, which made me chuckle for a brief moment.

I’ve seen a number around Sheffield over the years with at least a number zero followed by WLS to make “OWLS”)

let’s have yours. yes, I’m bored. supposed to be working but I’d rather be on a bike in Provence

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Used to be one round my way when I was a kid “H8 PIN” which looked like HOP IN – ultimately it was deemed “not cool” as we decided it defo belonged to a kiddie fiddler.

matt_outandabout

P 15 SED on a Porsche

jota180
    Free Member

Ooh… are we doing that one again?

hora
    Free Member

Not funny but cool. An old Skyline with DI5 SCO

Thought it looked ace.

stumpy01

Used to regularly see a Honda S2000 with a personalised plate that was “something S200”. He didn’t seem to bothered that his personalised plate didn’t have enough zero’s.

A mate of mine used to manage a betting shop. He always had a quirky taste in cars and at the time was driving an old Lotus Esprit in white – his number plate read ‘big odds’ (B19 0DD5 – or something like that).

One of my old bosses (a real flash dick) has got a personalised plate that almost spells his name – but not quite. What is the point?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Bright yellow Corvette on the M25 years ago with BL03 JOB.

I assume the car was super charged as it wasn’t swerving about.

We have a couple of football casuals in the office that have bought personal number plates with their 3 initials in the letters and just random numbers. C****s.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Used to see a guy come into the quarry who bred rare pigs (For meat) with the plate P16 LUV (Pig Love)
    And years ago I used to regularly see a Merc SL convertible driven by a rather busty lady with the plate BRA 32G 🙂

Also, recently: 😆

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qrbUQz]Poo2jet[/url] by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

oldejeans
    Free Member

a nissan GTR adorned with TO55ER

andyb39
    Free Member

A lad i went to school with had J869 CUM

Gary_M
    Free Member

Quite often see a gold range rover around the southside of Glasgow with AR51 OLE

Just googled it

Clong
    Free Member

Chap in a Beemer on the M27 with a number late KI55 MEN.

GrahamS

Brother of a friend of ours has a nice blue TVR Tuscan with the numberplate W33 NOB

Edit: found it on Google:

Suitably parked too.

jimjam
    Free Member

Pet hate. I can just about tolerate something that refers to the make or model of car, but spelling your name out in text speak nonsense is tragic.

It’s particularly annoying to when you have to try and figure out what the **** someone’s expensive “vanity plate” actually means. I got stuck behind an A3 on the motorway and the plate read something like BL04 J03. I’m sure the guy driving was trying to send out a message other than “I fellate men” but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what it was.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I used to see one near me – might have been an M3 or M5 – L5 UTD – LS = postcode for Leeds…

oldschool

A scrap dealer were I used to live had M3TAL, with a slightly squared of 3.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quite a flash motor in Belgravia my colleague spotted with BR05 HOE – “bros before hoes” he pointed out to me

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A guy near me got landmined in Afghanistan.

His Golf has the reg LO57 LEG

pondo
    Free Member

Recently I have seen a McLaren with U L05T and a Merc with WHY 570P (it read as why stop), which both made me go “oh” and nod slightly.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I put **’5 8ABY on my wifes Fiat 500. Cost very little and looks like my wifes initials BABY.

Some may hate it. Some may like it. TBH I don’t care but it usually gets some appreciation from people following or walking past. All friendly and seems like a suitable number for a small quirky car.

My father in law got in very early and has W 8ONE. His name is William Bone. Think it cost him £300

jambourgie
    Free Member

Pet hate. I can just about tolerate something that refers to the make or model of car, but spelling your name out in text speak nonsense is tragic.

Agreed, though not so much a pet hate, more contempt, or at best; pity.

There really is nothing quite so tragic, so deeply, deeply uncool as personalised number-plates. For some reason I always think of an ageing, balding Alan Partridge type character with status anxiety. I’m not sure why females do it? Perhaps they think it’s ‘funny’ and is a natural progression from ‘Diva on Board’ headlight eyelashes etc…

M6TTF
    Free Member

For balance, I love em. amazed people get so wound up by it

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

If it’sworth doing it’s worth doing properly.

B1KER on a baby blue Rolls Royce convertible.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chap near me has GR05 CON

I do so hope he takes it to France.

alpin
    Free Member

i’ll put my hand up and say thta i’ve got a personalised plate….

MTB 8055

wanted MTB 1, but it was gone.

this being Germany very few people have picked up on what it means. a few riding buddies have picked up on the MTB bit, but only one, has clocked on to the 8055 part. he however ddin’t get the MTB bit. 😐

cost me 12€ 8)

stevied
    Free Member

Once in London spotted a murdered out black Merc driven by a bearded man with J1HAD 😯

There’s a Merc round my way, driven by a woman and it’s *** WET. I always thought ‘OK’, then recently found out she’s partial to appearing in home made grot and having it posted on the tinterweb. Seems more apt now

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Suitably parked too.Although he’s over the white line he’s not encroaching on another space…fair enough I reckon.

creagbhan

There’s a village near me called Rhu. Its quite an affluent area and the amount of cars about with RHU in the registration must mean folk are quite pleased to live there. Tossers.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Best one I have seen, and it is very local to Sheffield, is R8 GUD on a Volvo.

I’ve also seen CUJ 1M in Sheffield.

andytherocketeer

DI M 1
    on a merc sls around here

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Whilst living in US;

WOT HO on an old Brit sports car
    QUICK AG on a silver Saab
    AG BULLET on silver Porsche
    (Think periodic table)
    URNVS on a Porsche open top driven by blonde sorority girl
    FATTIRE on a big wheeled 4×4 at an MTB race.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Most if trying to say anything look absolutely w4nk (see what I did there?) generally ok if just hiding the age of a car with initials etc.

2 that I whole heartedly approved of are:

T8 TOES – on a local farmer’s Range Rover
    D4RTH – on an all in black Mclaren F1 spotted at Spa a year or two back.

Gary_C

His Golf has the reg LO57 LEG

Err, no. That reg belongs to a Ducati Diavel.

B1KER on a baby blue Rolls Royce convertible.

Audi Q7…

GrahamS

These amused me:

alibongo001

There is a guy in london with 2 cars, with complementary number plates.

Car number one is a sports car – number plate 2B

Car number two is a small hatchback – number plate NOT 2B

I wonder what question he asks himself daily?

Harry_the_Spider

Lotus Esprit near me.

AIM L0

Fat-boy-fat

Two local butchers – M1NCE and G1GOTS. Loving the butcher chat. Used to work in the same building as a tw4t of a lawyer … SUE 1M.

cynic-al
    Free Member

When I’ve got some spare cash I’m getting OMG, WTF, LOL or similar.

A mate has his initials, part of me likes it, part thinks its naff.

njee20
    Free Member

A good number of these just don’t work (admittedly I’m assuming UK, alpin aside), as is always the way on these threads…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘funny/wacky/ironic car number plates’ is closed to new replies.