Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Funny video but…..
  • MadPierre

We were there the same day as these guys but never saw them. It’s comedy to watch as it looks like he’s never ridden a bike before but as for his mates… seems a bit harsh to punish someone for gobbing off a bit by throwing him in way above his depth and letting him actually break himself?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YeWV_NxhlQ[/video]

would you do that to someone?

wwaswas

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YeWV_NxhlQ[/video]

wwaswas

he was clearly completely out of his depth – shopudl have called it a day after the first off, tbh.

blokes and their pride, eh?

was his back brake jammed on?

jools182
    Free Member

depends how gobby and annoying he is 😉

edit, tbh, I am feeling a bit sorry for him after watching all of it

druidh
    Free Member

(a) Had someone been tampering with his bike?
    (b) The “cameraman” wasn’t exactly clever either – leaving his bike in the middle of the trail when he walked back at one point.
    (c) Where is the trail?

DezB
    Free Member

seems a bit harsh to punish someone for gobbing off a bit by throwing him in way above his depth and letting him actually break himself?

I’m sure they didn’t force him!!

Enjoyed that 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s Antur Stiniog Blue. It’s actually pretty challenging, especially for a beginner on a hard tail (the camera flattens it a lot). As above, the comedy is heavily dependent on how gobby he was.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with his bike, it’s just his technique. The trail is local slate and very slippery if you try and brake on it. Obviously you don’t brake, you just roll it, but he didn’t.

flatfish
    Free Member

Brilliant.

druidh
    Free Member

* adds Antur Stiniog to the Fatbike road trip *

organic355
    Free Member

the last off looked sore?

FuzzyWuzzy

omg lol, is that much steeper than it looks in the footage? I’ve never seen anyone ride that badly before…

yunki
    Free Member

cute trail.. and that lad was game as **** 😀

MadPierre

In (very) slight fairness to the chap the morning dew did make the first couple of runs that day feel a bit squirmy at the back end especially when you braked. He is obviously braking a lot, getting the squirm in turn causing him to panic and brake more and so spiralling towards a crash….

It’s not super steep but is a lot rougher/harder than it looks on film. Here’s (a slightly competent) one filmed by myself of the same on the same day: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5iKCGUAWtE&feature=share&list=UUp8ZtPHWLjNi44elbZTGPDQ[/video]

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what a plonker.

dabble
    Free Member

That looks like good fun at a decent pace mad pierre, looking at the calendar for my next free weekend 🙂

I would of been peeved to be that guy in the first vids mate and have to wait up for him all the time. Big headed folk need to realise they cant be the best at everything and if it takes a nasty looking crash to teach them then so be it, bahahahahahaha, some ribbing in the pub later as well.

MarkN
    Free Member

Sorry but I do not care how gobby he may have been. I reckon that this is irresponsible. There should have been some very basic coaching given after the first/second off by the cameraman. Not how to change gears but getting up off the seat in the attack position and moving his weight about the bike etc. It is plain to see the guy does not have a clue. If he was still struggling then an offer/suggestion should have been made that he walk back up or down the trail or find a bail out point.

The video of the first few bends/off would have been evidence he was all mouth and no trousers so why the need to continue to let it happen. It could have been that if he had enjoyed it he may have come back and been more understanding/tolerable.

How can we moan about how drivers treat us when on the road etc and then allow this to happen. Sorry double standards I reckon.

DezB
    Free Member

That looks like good fun at a decent pace mad pierre,

It certainly does. But who cut all the trees down?!

MadPierre

It is bloody good fun and the uplift is very good too. There’s also a cafe and stuff at the bottom with brand new pump track and visitor centre under construction. XC trail is planned…. I reckon it’s gonna be the the daddy of (gravity) trail centres when it’s done. You already have to book weeks in advance to get on the uplift…. Easy to combine in a weekend with Coed-y or Betws trail centres.

Check out my Youtube channel for vids of the other trails there.

I reckon it might be a bit bleak on a wet and windy day though.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Looks fake to me

You sure these lot aren’t trying to get ‘most watched clip’ somewhere?

sweepy
    Free Member

Fair play to him, he kept getting back on.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Mark N – he’s a grown up boy and can make up his own mind if he wants to get back on the bike again or not. He obviously knows what brakes are so has full control over how fast he goes or whether to stop if he can’t ride something.

RustySpanner

I agree with Mark N.

There’s piss-taking then there’s putting people off cycling for good, not to mention the risk of serious injury.

I think he needs some new mates, tbh.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Why the big stupid helmets?

That was funny up untill the last crash, that did look very sore.

The benny hill is genius.

stanfree
    Free Member

Pretty stupid in my opinion , so the guys is a knob for bigging It up but he could have easily broke something . So say he breaks his collar bone or wrist etc has to take time off work , loses income and gets dogs abuse from the wife.

Sorry for being a miserable sod but I’d be mightily fecked off If someone did this to my son .

MadPierre

stevewhyte – Member

Why the big stupid helmets?

It’s a DH with uplift…

Be more stupid not to wear them?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Mad Pierre, I really enjoyed your vid 🙂

as for the one in the op, its funny, it’s irresponsible but funny. I really want to visit that place!

eightyeight
    Free Member

Fair game I reckon.

Maybe cause I’ve got a few people at my place who, because they’ve bought a carbon bike and a multi-tool, think cycling is “in their blood”.

Personally, would love to take a few of them on a ride….

reedspeed
    Free Member

is he pissed ?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Funny video but…..’ is closed to new replies.