Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Funny Signpost Addition – Bristol (photo added)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This appeared a few months ago on a signpost near me in Bristol. Quite professionally done, it's been properly printed on a metal plate and secured to the post with a proper U-bracket and bolts. Someone's obviously gone to a lot of effort (as opposed to the stupid cock that couldn't leave it without tagging it). And fair dues, the council haven't removed it.

Bez

Typographically criminal, though. At least the tagger's text is unstretched 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Someone has also changed the sign 'Toll Bridge' to 'Troll Bridge' on the sign at the top of Rownham Hill, not as well done as above but still quite amusing.

bruneep

Canal Street near work has been changed to anal treet

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Atleast they've made an effort to line it up with the outsides of the "STOP" sign though…c'mon, it's not that bad an effort, and it makes me smile most mornings when I pass it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I was in Olema CA in October just before the elections. Someone installed a sign with Obama on it. Check out the news clip

http://cbs5.com/local/Olema.town.sign.2.822522.html

Ambrose

My favorite, from Flikr, In Torridon, N.W. Scotland. It's not me in the pic, either of them.[url=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/3515600719_9860b65fd3.jpg]Tesco's disabled sign, somewhere in Wales. It SHOULD read 'Anabl'…[/url]

A gate in Rhandirmwyn, Mid Wales

Spongebob
    Free Member

I was at Geneva airport last summer and saw a sign on a door saying "Lager".

"Lager" meaning "storeroom", but I was tempted to see what was behind the door anyway!

enfht
    Free Member

A "beware of cow" warning triangle on the road to Broadhaven in Pembrokeshire has a carefully added farmer sat on the cow wearing a really tall hat, looks totally real. The council have apparantly removed it in the past but it always reappears again

40mpg

I used to work in Old Oxted, Surrey. Someone removed the O and X, so every morning I went to see Old ted.

Cheered an otherwise dreary commute.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I live near a small village called LUNT youll never guess what rude people do to that sign

nickc

For ages and ages on a bridge over the north circular were sprayed the words "M Khan is Gay". Then the bridge was repainted, sure enough little while later…."M Khan is still gay" appeared

Ambrose

Penistone- there must be pics, surely

snaps
    Free Member

A few years ago LBS near me called 'The Trusty Steed' had its sign altered to 'The rusty terd'

Houns

Wine store in Bromsgrove called "Noble Rot"

swamp_boy

There's a Francophile round here who goes round with black tape changing signs for Barnet to Barnét.

scraprider
    Free Member

town in germany called WANKUM . sniger sniger 😉

Houns

Bell End is just up the road from me

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Lickey End just up the road from me

ziggy
    Free Member

Couldn't resist a photo of this 😆

JulianA
    Free Member

Is the graffiti on three consecutive pillars supporting the M4 into London still there reading Good Morning Lemmings?

Always thought that that was quite appropriate…

sq225917
    Free Member

'curtis' Mayfield road in leicester

TooTall
    Free Member

Some wit has changed the sign when you leave Stamford, Lincs from 'Do Come Again' to 'Do Me Again'. How I laugh every time I pass. 😕

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There is an 'ice' sign just north of Church Crookham in Hampshire that had 'ice baby' added to it with proper signage lettering. Oh and of course just north of Detroit you can find the sign for 'Exit 69, Big Beaver'.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Funny Signpost Addition – Bristol (photo added)’ is closed to new replies.