• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Funny old world,great afternoon ride?
  • Rscott
    Free Member

So I have been doing very little on the bike with 3 trips out in a month. Today I decided it was time to take out the road bike.

I had a nice little 15.4 mile ride with a few good climbs in it planed. on my final climb I was starting to feel the gradient but managed to catch a group of roadies up ,to my relief. I said the hi and hung on at the back for a little to catch my breath,I could see they were tiered to so I moved through the group having a chat And found out they were doing a similar route, I took my turn at the front for the steeper section and the majority, knowing I was stopping at the top to see my other half at work in the pub. I was then ridiculed for having a triple and forcing them to keep up on the hill, I hadn’t dropped gear or increased speed. Did I do something wrong? should i have slowed to a low them to be pulled a little more?

on the plus side i got my PB on most of the hills and a climbed almost 1800 feet over the distance in an hour and 10 mins, which I was more than happy with considering a duff shoulder and being unfit.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think your only mistake was speaking to them in the first place!
    They do their thing, you do yours.

Rscott
    Free Member

SO the done thing is to join a group do your bit in repayment with out any thing but a Hi.

and whats everyones hatred of triples. I don’t use my small ring often but it does come in handy.

Not up on the road biking scene to the extent that it was my first day out with out baggies, and I run mtb spds on my road bike. (I got it for commuting)

IanW
    Free Member

They were probably just giving you something to post on the web.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Funny old world,great afternoon ride?’ is closed to new replies.