Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • funny eye problem!!
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i bought a pair of oakleys this summer. Every time i put them on, the back of my head would swell up and give me massive pain. i thought they where to tight, so left them on the side never to be worn again.

forgot all about it.

went to see avatar in 3D. again same problem. so i turned the glassed round and looked through them and the same problem!! these 2 lumps on the back of my head massive pain.

i have eye tests every 6-7 months and always pass 20-20 vision

any thoughts.

MrNutt
    Free Member

botfly larvae?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Err, how big is your head?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i wear a medium helmet and a 56cm beret at work!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i can feel them rise and fall when i put specs on

tragically1969
    Free Member

An eye problem ? Sounds more like a psychosis to me …….

MrNutt
    Free Member

perhaps you have a wishbone shaped nose bone which runs from the bridge of your nose to the back of your head and the weight of the spectacles presses down on the bone and causes the ends of the bone to push out the back of your head? have you tried attaching a helium balloon to the bridge of the glasses? oh! do I win the Oakleys?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Really doesn't sound eye related – just pressure related. I would guess the Oakley's caused the original problem and wearing the different glasses kicked it off again. No idea WHY though!

hilldodger
    Free Member

sounds like something's activated the implants…..

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

its to do with vision. but when i have my safety gogs on at work i dont get a problem. just tryed it with a pair of yellow cycling glasses and again same problem.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

but as i said when i look through the glasses (the arms dont touch my head) i still get it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i wear a medium helmet and a 56cm beret at work

Before or after, the back of your head has swelled up ?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

before.

it is instant it goes as soon as i take the glasses off and comes as soon as i look through them

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

bought a pair of oakleys this summer. Every time i put them on, the back of my head would swell up

it is instant it goes as soon as i take the glasses off and comes as soon as i look through them

😕 You sure ? Your head swells instantly, and then deflates when you take the glasses off ?

Any chance of getting someone to video it ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You sure ? Your head swells instantly, and then deflates when you take the glasses off ?

Any chance of getting someone to video it ?
    LOL!!!!

amedias
    Free Member

what happens if you look through them with one eye closed?

is it specific to one eye, or does it only happen when you look through with both together?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Have you tried looking through the glasses with one eye shut, might be connected to stereo vision ?
    I presume the lumps are more in the neck than the head, as I can't imagine your skull being able to change shape that quickly…….

samuri
    Free Member

Sorry but this sounds way cool. Try putting the glasses on your wife's chest, do they work their too?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Perhaps it is just the glasses distorting your vision so when you look at yourself you appear to have bulges which magically disappear when you take the glasses off?

🙂

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

the lumps are in line with the top of my ears

i just closed one eye and open the other. they lumps are still popping up

i just asked my brother to film it and you cant see any thing.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i cant see the lumps i just feel them "happening"

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So you have lumps that aren't actually lumps, they just feel like they might be lumps? I think we need to go back to tragically1969's diagnosis…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i can feel them with my hands

i cant see them as there on the back of my head.

im off to the dr's on monday

aP
    Free Member

If you hit them with a mallet they might go away.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

im off to the dr's on monday

Don't forget to take your Oakleys with you.

…….otherwise you're going to feel rather silly.

* Probably best to take your 'work safety gogs' too …….just so the doc can see the difference, like.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Can I go and just watch like?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

will do.
    the lumps arn't that large.

you cant see them. (my brother says) but you can feel them (if you put you finger on it)

hels
    Free Member

You are almost definitely a Cylon.

ChrisHeath

You know the arms of the glasses are supposed to go each side of your head, above the ears, and not straight through your eye sockets, don't you?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Sounds like a case of an unfeasably large head and Oakleys for small faces squeezing your blood vessels above your earholes and making it feel like they are swelling. My suggestion is get real and check the size of your noggin again cuase I bet its wayyyy bigger than you think it is. 😆

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Its not only when there on my head if i look through the lenses without the arms touching my head it still happens.

im defiantly a 56cm head.

Pieface

Sounds like some crazy reaction to the colour / light filtering. Either live with it or for the sake of a pricxe of Oakleys go and see the doctor. Take the 3d specs as well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the lumps arn't that large…….. but you can feel them (if you put you finger on it)

if i look through the lenses without the arms touching my head it still happens.

Really ?

You can feel two small lumps at the back of your head when you look through the lenses (without the arms touching your head) ? And then the two lumps go away as soon as you stop looking through the lenses ? 😕

EDIT : Are you on Mars ?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Ask a doctor/optician/priest.

allthepies
    Free Member

whoa there! You wear a beret at work ?

You're not allergic to onions are you ?

twang
    Free Member

this is funny perculiar and funny ha ha all at the same time…
    EDIT: swish edit ernest

nonk
    Free Member

fek me i would get to see some one with that.take glasses with you.
    in the meantime once round yer bonce with gaffer tape should see you right.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

allthepies- no im a soldier!!

http://shaunbayliss.fotopic.net/p62827673.html

oh and im fvcking freezing

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

im fvcking freezing

Since you appear to be at home at the mo, I believe there might be an off road night ride (Shirley/Addington Hills loop) from ECBR on friday …… that'll warm you up 8)
    Check ACC forum first though.

…….oh, and bring your Oakley/safety gog/3D glasses 😉

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

ernie_lynch i wish i could come but i dont have a bike/lights atm!! Thanks

i might try and build up a hack bike so i have some thing to ride.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘funny eye problem!!’ is closed to new replies.