Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Funniest thing on tv in …. ages !
  • lasty
    Free Member

Always skipped this thinking it was just another crappy American dad / southpark type thang ….

Just caught My name is Earl – funniest off the wall, best written comedy ive seen in yonks .

OK – ive put on mi flak jacket so go for it ….

grum
    Free Member

It’s ok. Quite watchable but I can’t say I’ve ever really laughed out loud at it.

Just watching It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Netflix for the first time – enjoying it so far.

kimbers

southpark and american dad are waaaay better than my name is earl

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s OK, I suppose. I’d agree re Southpark, though. Blindingly, disgustingly funny at times.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I also am watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix – fantastic stuff. Even better when Danny Devito joins in the 2nd series

IanMunro
    Free Member

I mostly watch it for Catalina doing jump around.

Drac

American Dad is great. I attempted to watch My Name is Earl but found it dreadful just another crappy American ‘comedy’.

eskay

I watched off their rockers last night, I thought it was going to be rubbish but was pretty funny.

RustySpanner

lasty – Member
    Just caught My name is Earl – funniest off the wall, best written comedy ive seen in yonks .

It’s Scientologist propoganda, you know. 🙂

lasty
    Free Member

^^^ Just read that elswhere, bizarre !!

Still gives me a grin though ..

hounslow
    Free Member

If My Name Is Earl is your thing, then check out the creators newer show Raising Hope. Most of the ‘Earl actors pop up in cameos and it inhabits the same sort of world.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hung wasn’t a bad series too

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Robot chicken takes some beating.

sc-xc

‘The League’ on Netflix surprised me, it was pretty funny.

passtherizla
    Free Member

East bound and down…. So funny.

I like earl but mainly cos Jason Lee was one of my skateboarding heroes growing up. Shame about the Scientology.

racefaceec90

although it’s pretty old now i still love father ted. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0enKDDy-BcU[/video] i cannot stand real football btw but this is awesome 😀

wallop

Californication is my favourite.

Klunk
    Free Member

always found my name is earl a bit odd…. how can we get a totally loathsome character and his scummy activities on the telly and make it OK by adding the making up to his victims as the afterthought. I bet you laugh more at him being a shit than the moralistic add ons.

maccruiskeen

making up to his victims as the afterthought

an afterthought? Its pretty much the whole point of the show.

I think its a great show when you first encounter it but its shine wears off pretty quickly.

lasty
    Free Member

^^^^ Been taking things a bit too seriously of late have we klunk ??
    Alus like a trier, fact that some of the situations the whole crew seem to get into (and out of)give me a grin – stoopid humour, but thats all it is – stooopid humour.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I have to say that Parks and Recreation (currently on BBC4, wednesday nights) is tickling my fancy.

Also enjoying Louie on Fox, but that may be a bit more acquired

Rosss
    Free Member

No mention of Big Bang Theory? Shame on you!

maxtorque

Has the OP been stuck as a hostage or “cellar guest” for that last 6 years or so?

More recently, i think BlueStone42 is actually pretty funny and well written !

takisawa2

Father Ted.

Every episode is a classic.
    Where else would you find an Irish Priest that just happens to be Lion Taming, Tightrope Walking, Sitting under an Avalanche etc, every time his mobile phone rings…

Lifer
    Free Member

Archer.

Russell96

Second Father Ted, Speed 3 is excellent

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yup,

My Name Is Earl
    Friends
    Scrubs
    Big Bang Theory
    Malcolm In The Middle
    etc.

Are all really great after a hard day at work. I can sit down, switch off and watch them and laugh when they tell me to and I don’t need to think at all. It’s really very nice and easy – it keeps me sane!

Klunk
    Free Member

an afterthought? Its pretty much the whole point of the show.

afterthought was the wrong word, contrivance would be better. I would be fine if they just called it “my name is shit” and dropped the moralizing altogether.

FuzzyWuzzy

Better Off Ted gets my vote for under-appreciated US comedy, only lasted a couple of seasons though.

z1ppy

Better off ted was brilliant, very underrated,

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My one word review is “Bland”

OmarLittle
    Free Member

+1 It’s For Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Dont think it is on TV here so you’ll need to watch it online, but it is worth a watch.

tjx79
    Free Member

Both Archer and It’s Always Sunny get my vote. Both on Nextflix and Both devastatingly funny.

samuri
    Free Member

Scrubs was surprisingly watchable for me. Some hotties may have helped this review.

ThePilot
    Free Member

My name is Earl whenever I’ve got a list of jobs to do 🙂
    Big fan of the show too.
    Disturbingly, I’ve got a bit of a thing for Joy.

Milkie
    Free Member

Have you been in a hole for 8 years?

Not a big fan of MNIE, Archer is my type of humour along with American Dad.

sweepy
    Free Member

My name is earl, good episodes are really funny but they are variable. Does have the two best looking women on the box tho.

Klunk, you will really hate shameless.

athgray
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with American Dad. Family Guy also makes me laugh out loud at times.
    Good UK comedies of recent times are Monkey Dust, League of Gentlemen and Benidorm.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Lifer – Member
    Archer.

^^ This.^^

If only for the line “Beardsley McTurbanhead”.

tjx79
    Free Member

Archer is pretty much the only show nowadays that I’d say I’m guaranteed a laugh every episode. Wouldn’t recommend to the faint of heart though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Funniest thing on tv in …. ages !’ is closed to new replies.