Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Funkrodent – please get in touch
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Anyone here that can vouch for Funkrodent / Ben?

I’ve paid him £30 deposit to hold a set of forks for me until payday but havent been able to get a response from him for a week or so now in order to complete the deal.

Hopefully its a simple issue, but I see he’s been on here within the last 4 days.

Ben – please drop me a mail if/when you read this.

bearnecessities

That reminds me, whilst your at it Ben, any chance of the £20 for the Pace forks I let you take away on approval year or so back?

Cheers

funkrodent

Hi mate

Apologies, old email address no longer works as have left that job and can’t access it at all. However my profile has my other email account on which is working just fine. For the avoidance of doubt it is benwaterhouseconsulting(AT)gmail.com. Have held the forks for you and happy to send them out as agree once the balance is paid. Apologies though, should have chased but have had a lot of other things going on. I’ll email you now.

Beanecessities – Hmmm, that’s not strictly correct though is it? I rocked up to your house to purchase a stereo (which is great) and left having purchased a stereo, a helmet and a Nintendo Wii (more power to your salesmanship 🙂 ). The forks were thrown in as part of that on the proviso that I would chuck you £20 if they were any good. Which they weren’t. I gave them to a mechanic I know to use for spares, but given their age and condition he wasn’t convinced that they’d do anything other than sit around in his garage.

Not a big deal though. If your recollection is different I’m happy to see if we can come to an arrangement. Email me and we’ll take it from there.

bearnecessities

What part of that isn’t correct?

I said, on approval. That being let me know whether they’re any good and your hard-up friend could have them for £20, not don’t ever let me know and then give them away!

Meh.

geoffj

funkrodent

We may have an issue of semantics here. We were looking at your (very nice) old bikes and kit. I was inquiring about the forks as they were the old Pace Magnesium ones and I was wondering if they were any good. You said you weren’t sure if they were still working, but that I could buy them for £20 if I wanted. I demurred. You said, tell you what, take them and if you can get them to work properly chuck me £20, if not don’t worry about it.

Now that’s slightly different to “On approval” which would mean me returning them if not happy (which would cost me that in postage or in petrol to drive to Leeds) which I wouldn’t have agreed to.

But look, no hard feelings either way, it’s certainly not worth getting into a dispute about, if you want the £20 for them I’m happy to sort it out.

bearnecessities

I don’t want to sort this out amicably ffs. Internet fist fight all the way.

Ski man tits aside, like you say appears to be a genuine misunderstanding.

I forgive you. 8)

funkrodent

No worries, all’s well that ends well.. 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Funkrodent – please get in touch’ is closed to new replies.