Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Funds for Wedding….Ragley Bluepig or Rock Lobster 853…which goes?
  • cjr61

Hi all,

Ok i know they are pretty different beasts (running 130’s Vs 100’s currently) but sadly one needs to go for funds. Both recently built up and not had he chance (and unlikely to get the chance!) to ride them both on the same day for comparison. Only ridden each a few times.
    Both plenty of fun and ride great.

which would you sell? Both running XT/SLX and Rebas/Fox so pretty solid specs.

I’m preparing to be shot down by replies about personal preference but all things being equal…what’s your choice as a do it all trail hardtail?

Thanks and may the ripping commence…..

cjr61

Ps should mention that apparently a full susser isn’t allowed on the wedding list so this will have to last me a while until funds allow for a full susser again!

iainc

I’d keep the Rock Lobster. Classic frame and you’ll never get another one, whereas there will be variations of the Blue Pig around for a while.

That said I sold my Rock Lobster and my 5 in the spring to get a Soul and hevn’t regretted the rationalisation one bit…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

The wedding goes, simple as.

I guess it really depends how/where/what you usually ride. All day XC, keep the Rock Lobster. Blast for an hour with great intent at going downhill… keep the blue pig.

Clobber
    Free Member

cp +1

Shackleton

You won’t recoup what you spent on the bikes anyhow so I’d plan a cheaper wedding or postpone it until you have saved.

Sui
    Free Member

+1 – the finances wont add up here, unless you are *desperate for cash i wouldn’t bother. I didn’t bother selling the Gspot for this reason – no 2nd hand value.

*i.e. is £500 really gong to make a big difference to the budget

cjr61

So much sense guys. Sadly i’m really an XC rider with illusions of wild downhill descents!

I think the fact that the garage has just gained a road bike ‘project’ suggests that one might still have to go. Something precious about 853 steel!

cjr61

Plus, didn’t spend more than £150 on either bike so bit of profit in both! “Thrifty bugger”

iainc

didn’t spend more than £150 on either bike so bit of profit in both

there might have been…..until you said that ! 🙂

cjr61

Hahaha! “Dozey bugger”!

6079smithw
    Free Member

It’s 2013, you’re a man and you’re getting married?
    You know how the stats predict how that will go?

Bazz

Keep the Rock Lobster, no brainer in my opinion.

sbob
    Free Member

Lend me the bike you want the least, I’ll keep it fully serviced and then give it back when you get bored of your wife. 😀

I’m joking, congratulations and I wish you all the best.

sam3000

Rock Lobster!! Much more fun, if you wanted you could always stick some 120’s on it (forget the wedding!!)

prawny

I’d keep the rock lobster. And let me have the pig cheap :mrgreen:

RustySpanner

Can you not economise on the cake?

Digger90
    Free Member

Why sell either?

The very small sum you’ll get for either bike (a few hundred pounds presumably) won’t go far toward any wedding cost.

The wedding you’ll enjoy for 1 day – a bike you’ll enjoy on many, many days.

Economise on the wedding – no-one will know or care anyway. Seriously. Your bride to be really cares, but believe me… the attendees at your wedding won’t miss whatever it is you and your bride are planning on spending the few hundred on anyway. It will likely go unnoticed.

So keep both bikes, enjoy the wedding day immensely and have a wonderful time.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

If only Digger90 was a woman…

cjr61

The STW fraternity never fail to give sound balanced advice! Greggs donuts all round me thinks!
    As much as i like the bluepig i think it might be going. Will keep you posted but thanks for advice all.

Drac

What’s your Fiancé selling?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

can the road bike project…

onionmk
    Free Member

+1 to Drac.. What’s she selling?!! Hahaa

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Funds for Wedding….Ragley Bluepig or Rock Lobster 853…which goes?’ is closed to new replies.