• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fund raising for a great community project- ideas?
  • hora
    Free Member

Our Council for the main never ceases to amaze me. They’ve awarded a public building to the community over other bidders however the community need to raise funds to repair the roof etc.

Ideas on how to go about this? I’ve stuck a fiver in and I’ve spent money on their fundraising days but is there a way to go ‘bigger’?

thomthumb
    Free Member

the most profitable charity thing i have ever been involved in is a cake sale.

skiprat
    Free Member

Local press, get the word out. What is the place going to be used for? club meetings? Get them to sponsor part of it or pay rents now.

Auction off a room and have it named after the winner..”the Hora Banquet Hall”

Sponsored bike build, full bike to frame and parts back to full bike against the clock, you’d be good at that 😉

hora
    Free Member

thomthumb- Check- they are doing those. I could dig out anything that I don’t use and sell it/donate all to them but I don’t think I’ve got much usable stuff that get anything.

Skip’ – got any stuff you dont need/use? I could sling everything on here and ebay. Most of my kit is very functional just visually worn so no good to a new owner. All my spare wheels etc are scratched up.

Will try and get hold of the news desks

zilog6128

set up a just giving or go fund me page and link to it via social media?

Bregante

Is it this one?

cbike
    Free Member

commercial Sponsorship
    Seed funding and Grants
    Lottery
    Awards for all.

hora
    Free Member

This one: http://www.stretfordpublichall.org.uk/ They’ve got a donate button on the right (and yes I’ve put a fiver in) 😀

piemonster

Does the council offer a grants programme?

Our MC club hut was helped out significantly by the council.

Cake sales are ace btw. Can you get anyone to donate any “experiences” (no, not the Hora Saturday night in town experience)

Some examples that have produced top results at work.

Sponsored shooting events (clays)
    Auctions (anything from stuffed toys to track days)
    Coffee/Cake sales
    Ceilidhs/Music nights etc
    Anything of that ilk.

Lottery Funding might not be a bad shout, they love a project with a clear start and finish time frame. Do you have any Trusts or other Grant Giving Bodies nearby? There’s often local interest trusts in most areas.

Have a search here http://www.trustfunding.org.uk/search.aspx

hora
    Free Member

Bloody ell. ITV newsdesk came back rapido 😀

If anyone sticks a pint into the PayPal on their site I WILL buy you a pint back whenever I see you. No mucking about

ElShalimo

Hora bikini car wash !
    Watch Dodgeball for tips on how to do it

hora
    Free Member

Cheers to MartynS for helping to get the group onto BBC radio for an interview this morning 😀

ITV etc are also going to run article/pieces.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fund raising for a great community project- ideas?’ is closed to new replies.