Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fun with Electric Bikes and back yard trails
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICkgHjKirqM[/video]

Had a play on the Bike and it was a laugh, something strange about pedaling uphill at that speed

Euro
    Free Member

Looks like fun. Does it have an on/off switch and you control the speed with the brakes or has it some sort of throttle?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This would be great for getting back to the top of Barry Knows Best. Plus, you wouldn’t need to park in Peaslake.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Twist and go throttle and a 2 speed pedal assist on one of the button in the bb shifters. Brakes show it down surprisingly well.

klumpy
    Free Member

Awesome!! 😀 I’d love to take that to … Uh… Oh. Trying to imagine such in the context of UK countryside access.

-A motorcycle with an electric motor is a motorcycle.
    -A bicycle with an electric motor is…?
    -50kph is motor vehicle fast. (Faster than the TRF’s self imposed speed limit.)
    -Very soon, NO motorised personal transport, including bikes, will be petrol driven. Electric cars and motorbikes are commercially available now.
    -Green laners make “too much noise”. Maybe, or not, but that certainly doesn’t, so, Ramblers approve.?

Personally, I’d LOVE one of those. Or one of these:
    Another electric bike
    Same thing, really, innit? 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Klumpy may help that those were trails in the guys back garden 😛

Not really a UK style thing but more allowed here in oz. The top speed of 50 is without pedalling too….

Northwind

That is cool… What’s it weigh?

That’s also the weirdest tabletop I’ve ever seen- I like it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The weight was a little on the porky side when it’s static but once moving it’s fine 🙂

The tables were originally built as gaps but had the middles filled in to make them more suitable for practice

klumpy
    Free Member

Klumpy may help that those were trails in the guys back garden

It helps HIM, but what about US (ie: me)? Anyone here wouldn’t want to play on that? I’m sure some cross country twiglets may sneer that it’s cheating, but for those of us who enjoy MTB primarily as an exercise in machine control, it’d be great if we somehow snuck these into the countryside under the radar and no-one realised until it was too late.

I’m sure someone can quote some laws that mean we can’t as due to the electric motor it’s legally a tram, except after 4pm when it’s considered a horse and trap – unless facing uphill or the rider is wearing a waistcoat and carrying a duck…

(Our laws are dumb.)

sobriety
    Free Member
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Stick a limiter switch on it so it it limited to 12mph and it is legal on road as an electrically assisted bicycle, not motorbike, so can go anywhere a bike can go. The switch ‘might’ have another unlimited speed position that you would only use in that guys back garden.

Since taunting my foot I have been looking at building something like that. I have been toying with 3 or 5 kw motors. Looks like 3kw is ample so I will probably go for 5kw!

klumpy
    Free Member

Since taunting my foot[…]

😯 ??

Did it get upset and leave?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Did it get upset and leave?

Not sure yet, I find out at Christmas if I keep it or get a prosthetic.

alpin
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzsHFka92X8[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fun with Electric Bikes and back yard trails’ is closed to new replies.