Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fun quiz/puzzle ideas
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I’m helping to organise an event. We usually have a traditional pub quiz after dinner but this year I’m just going to print out a few quiz/puzzle sheets for people to mull over whilst eating. I’d like it to be a bit different from a crossword/wordsearch/list of questions. It also needs to be suitable for a wide age and intelligence range. I’m thinking maybe the “7 D in a W” style. Or something else? I particularly want people to need to think a bit and maybe discuss with their table-mates rather than rattle through a list of questions. Any ideas for style of questions or specific fun puzzles much appreciated.

perchypanther
    Free Member

There are loads of these on t’internet.

Sweet wrappers of your childhood was a good one and identify the cartoon characters was another I enjoyed.

ji
    Free Member

If you can stop people cheating….Google image search various pop stars / films / famous whatever and print off the first image that isn’t one of the artist/film etc.

Some are surprisingly hard to figure out.

stwhannah

Get a bunch of different seeds and get people to identify the plant that grows from them. Lots of people will manage sunflowers, but only gardeners will know a lettuce seed or a beetroot seed etc. Get a bunch of pots of herbs and spices and get people to identify them (no tasting allowed, just sniffing/looking). Use google maps to print satellite images of local or vaguely audience appropriate views from above.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Each of you write something on a rizla paper and stick it on the forehead of the person on your left. You each have to try and guess the word that’s now stuck on your forehead, from clues given by everyone else at the table. What a night!

stwhannah

I should probably add the disclaimer that the quiz I did was for a WI group with an average age somewhere around 68. They might have a different idea of what constitutes a ‘fun’ quiz.

maccruiskeen

Each of you write something on a rizla paper and stick it on the forehead of the person on your left. You each have to try and guess the word that’s now stuck on your forehead, from clues given by everyone else at the table. What a night!

Each of you write what you think of the person on left (but would never say to their face) on a rizla and stick it to their forehead. Its not a guessing game. Thats it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fun quiz/puzzle ideas’ is closed to new replies.