Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fun Mobile Network SIMO Questions
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I am about to leave my current SIMO provider, PlusNet (EE) as they don’t offer more than 4GB data. Currently looking at the following deals.

Virgin Mobile – 5000 mins / Unlimited tests / 20GB 4G Data = £15 per month on rolling contract
    EE – Unlimited Mins / Unlimited texts / 12GB 4G/4G+ Data = £19.99 for 12 month contract
    Three – 600 Mins / Unlimited texts / 30GB/8GB 4G Data = £13/£18for 12 month contract

Virgin is on EE, so while not as fast should be similar coverage, and does seem to be the better deal. But I do get a few black holes on my existing EE MVNO. Also, no tethering I think. With EE there is the possibility of £50 cashback and you get 6 months Apple music plus all the faster 4G, Feel At Home/tethering stuff. I think with Three you get some extra stuff, and apparently the signal might be ok.

The unknown quantity is Three, really. The coverage checker has me as covered, but that doesn’t always mean that much. I know it’s vague, but any thoughts on any of the networks mentioned, CS support etc, would be appreciated.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve had excellent experience with Three, having been with them both here and in Ireland for the last eight years. It’s very unusual not to have 4G signal nowadays, or 3G at worst. Don’t remember the last time I had ‘Edge’, or whatever the non-data signal is called.

I’ve an old contract which still has the unlimited data, I also tether for iPad and laptop with no noticeable dip in connection speed. Only used CS once or twice and found them pretty good. I got a daily refund when a local mast was being repaired as my signal at home became unreliable. It was back to normal in about four days. I did go through a phase of receiving marketing calls to “take advantage of new deals”, although to their credit they stopped completely when I asked that they desist.

I’d always recommend the network but suggest picking up a free SIM and just checking the coverage in the places you spend most of your time. It’s really the only way to know.

bruneep

Just the one phone or sim card or others?

I have the whole family on a shared data plan 20gb with EE 1 lead phone other 3 on sim only and we share the data. myself and no2 son use most data, wife and no1 son use very little. So we can use their “allowance”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fun Mobile Network SIMO Questions’ is closed to new replies.