Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fun dh/park frame to replace a stinky
  • ianv
    Free Member

Back from the continent with a trashed frame that will probably need replacing. Ideally any new frame should be able to take the components off the stinky, so 1.5 headset and a 12mm through axle rear end and if I could fit the rocco shock it would be a bonus.

What other options are there other than another stinky? Cheaper the better.

Ideas please.

lurchh
    Free Member

Are you looking for a full on DH sled or a fun bike to ride Dh on?
    If a dh bike, Nukeproof scalp is even cheaper for 2013 and can take 1.5 steerer and has 12mm bolt through. If just looking for a fun bike, 2013 Nukeproof mega can take 180mm forks to match a 160mm rear so plenty capable on the downs and a lot more fun than a proper dh bike. The NS Soda Fr also fits the bill for a fun FR/Dh bike.

_tom_
    Free Member

Bottlerocket seems to be the go-to choice for this sort of thing! The new Banshee Wildcard looks awesome but it’s an extremely limited run I think.

ianv
    Free Member

Are you looking for a full on DH sled or a fun bike to ride Dh on?

Probably something erring more to the downhill sled side of things but that would not have its geometry messed up by fitting a 66 rather than a triple clamp. Solid, stable, and with a bit more travel than the bottlerocket or the mega.

The soda has a tapered head tube and is a bit less slack than I would like. Otherwise it might have been a decent option.

woody2000

Kona Operator?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Scott Voltage

kimbers

kona entourage or operator?

both look great and improvements over the stinky and good prices too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fun dh/park frame to replace a stinky’ is closed to new replies.