Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fully rigided On One Scandal 29er – opinions
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Afternoon All,

Has anybody owned or ridden one of these? Are they brutally harsh on rough terrain?

Any opinions greatfully recieved

Thanks

twinklydave

Yes
    No*
    🙂

*They’re as comfy as you’ll get from a non-suspended bike I reckon

29erKeith
    Free Member

what he said

nbt

Yes
    No

My go-to bike at the moment. Think I’ve ridden my FS bike less thanhalf a dozen time over the past six months

zippykona

I rode a rigid inbred with carbon forks and it was bloody awful.
    Then i bought a scandal with rebas and it was lovely.

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

I ride a rigid Charge Cooker 29er. At first it’s a bit jarring but all I did was buy a big front tyre(2.3) & messed about with the pressure. Now feels nice on the rough stuff. It’s just a little bit of trial & error. 😉 . Now thinking of building one ss for winter!!!! 8)

mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

Ive got one of these with on one full carbon forks single speed and i use a 2.4 29er nobby nic with pressure down to 25 psi which softens the front end .its an absolute flying machine with no loss of power at all i love it ,best bike i own ,and i own 5 bikes all top spec

888trojan888
    Free Member

cool all good comments tne 🙂

Straightliner

The Scandal is a very comfortable aluminium frame, and with big tyres will be reasonably comfortable for all day rides.

flybywire
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9572642/

salsa cromoto & 2.4front tyre good for singletrack and rolls ruts/small drops.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fully rigided On One Scandal 29er – opinions’ is closed to new replies.