Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Fullers London Pride
  • psychle
    Free Member

Mmmmmm… not too shabby out of the bottle at all. Is it a travesty to be drinking it chilled?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Chilled is good!
    But better than LP is Fullers 1845, on offer at Sainsburys , 2 for £3. It's a bargain for a little bottle of heaven. Happy drinking! 😀

psychle
    Free Member

haven't seen that one… shall grab a few when I'm next at the big Orange one. cheers 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, the 1845 or the Chiswick is better from Fullers, but for really good London beers, check out Meantime, from Greenwich. Stunning stuff.

although, next in the glass for me is one of these, as it happens.

psychle
    Free Member

Hi CFH 🙂 I've tried their London Stout, that's quite a tasty brew. Where's the best place to try a few others of theirs?

psychle
    Free Member

Ahh… just had a play with their 'availability' thing on their website, appears that a couple of my Islington local's stock it 😀

EDIT: too slow… you've already provided the requisite information. good man 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

psychle, seek out their India Pale Ale, one of the few remaining REAL IPAs.

Available at some Sainsburys, some Waitrose and more here;
    http://www.meantimebrewing.com/availability.html

curtisthecat
    Free Member

psychle,

Also try Fullers Honeydew and Discovery. Excellent summer beers as they are lovely chilled.

….goes off to find my last honeydew in the fridge.

white101

Morrisons have Hobgoblin on till 9th August £1 a bottle 500ml

Stoner
    Free Member

Not a fan of their richer beers, but Chiswick, Pride and especially Discovery are great beers and travel well in the bottle.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Cheers for the tip, white101. Morrisons are good for beers, and usually a bit cheaper than Sainsbers.

hp_source

london pride's very nice

I've just cracked open a bottle of this from Sainsbugs, so far so good;

Hairychested
    Free Member

Pride is all you need. Unless you are posh/silly/ignorant.*
    * delete if not apply

cinnamon_girl

Hey – us Londoners do NOT drink beer chilled. And before you say anything I am from the right side of the river 😉

Enjoying a can now, on offer at Sainsbury's! Yep, I know the bottled stuff's better!

geoffj

Pride is the complementary ale on virgin trains. You can get through quite a few between Euston and Glasgow (hic!).

TheSanityAssassin

So it's as flat bottled as it is on draught then? Southern dish water.

CountZero

So it's as flat bottled as it is on draught then? Southern dish water

I've seen those northern beers with a huge great head. It's 'cos they're not man enough to drink a full pint but don't want to admit it. Can't stand fizzy muck being passed off as beer. Anyway, don't they all drink Tennants and John Smiths oop noorth?

Pook

I can't recommend this highly enough:

nor indeed this, which is beautiful:

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Can't stand fizzy muck being passed off as beer

Northern beer with a head is no more fizzy than beer without. Once pulled through the sparkler, watch the beer clear from the bottom and leave a smooth froth on the top, but no carbonated bubbles coming from the bottom like with a pressurised lager.

But for me – I can drink either, makes little to no difference, other than in the experience – perhaps us northern monkeys like to sit and savour the moment as the beer clears, ready to drink. Mmmm

pjt201
    Free Member

the pub's doing something wrong if they've got sparklers on the pumps.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

London Pride is a lovely pint and my usual tipple.
    I am on my hols in Devon this week so have mostly been drinking Tribute (Cornish I know) and 'Summa That', a local brew from Branscombe where I am staying.
    Today is the first sun in two weeks! I am sitting on the deck with two bottles of Pride sitting in the shade…is 10.45 too early!?

MM

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

for northern types, Black Sheep (so called as they split from the theakstons family brewer)

also a big fan of this stuff from lake district when I can find it

actually got into "proper" beers living in the US, as despite the mass-produced dross they export, they have countless microbreweries turning out fabulous examples of every type of beer.

This was one of my local beer shops 🙂
    http://www.frontiersaloon.com/BeerTakeOut/TakeOutMicroBrews/MicroBrews24.htm

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

the pub's doing something wrong if they've got sparklers on the pumps.

No they are not – the sparkler is used to form the creamy head – it is adjusted to get the correct cream. I worked in a real ale pub for several years and I could not possibly accept that there is something wrong if it is needed.

chakaping
    Free Member

In the STW tradition of saying something else is better, I much prefer Golden Sheep to Black Sheep.

London Pride is lovely stuff too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Black Sheep is infinitely better than Theakston's Best, but as they have just moved production back to Masham, we can hope it improves to it's original glory.

But neither are as good as 'proper' Sam Smith's ale – beer that tastes like traditional beer, without any additives, colourants etc etc. And my local does it for £1.25 a pint too.

Stoner
    Free Member

Sam smiths is grim.
    So is black sheep.

We're fortunate to get lots of wonderful, dry, hoppy, golden beers over here in the shires.

Wye Valley HPA
    Most things by Julian at the Malvern Hills Brewery especially Green Pear and Black Pear.

Maybe its the locality, but "northern" beer tastes pretty rubbish to me, and anything made Burton Union way isnt even fit to wash the car.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Maybe its the locality

Maybe it is just personal tastes…

easygirl

there are 2 words in the brewing world that should NEVER EVER be used together

London and Beer

Long Live Real Northern Ale

easygirl

shandy drinking southern softies

Stoner
    Free Member

Fullers is a drinkable London Beer.

Youngs isnt.

Northern Ale is flaccid with no bite.
    Its like you cant afford to buy the hops oop there 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

easygirl, try some Meantime, if you can get the chip far enough off your shoulder to be able to reach the bar….

😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Northern Ale is flaccid with no bite.

Obviously never tried Riggwelter or Old Peculiar then…

It was a fantastic day when, sitting in The Black Bull in Paradise, drinking Old Peculiar with my brother-in-law to be (his stag do) and is American friends (he now lives in LA). They all managed one pint then had a look of terror on their faces as we ordered another round. Cue several VERY drunk Americans 🙂

Job done.

nickc

Frothy beer is the dividing line betwixt North and South surely? Cream on your beer? You're an extra in Coronation Street, flat and warm? You're a slaaagggg in the Vic.

Stoner
    Free Member

Old Peculiar

Old peculiar is like drinking molasses blended with whisky.
    Barely a single hop has been dragged around in the mash.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Peculier, not Peculiar.

I dunno, these Northeners, can't even spell their own beers….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

conversely to mastiles story, picture some of us brits fresh off the mountain snowboarding in colorado, straight to the hotel bar (at 11,000feet altitude) drinking the hotels' own 5+% luscious microbrews. Cue four very quickly-pissed brits.

Job, as you say, done! Theres plenty of decent, strong beers in the US and plenty of people drink it. It seems to be a bit of a truism that every country exports its worst beer.

Chapaking, bizarrely never had golden sheep, black sheep seems to be exported down south more (or at least to my corner of it)

odannyboy
    Free Member

peculier is good gear.and i like all ale coldish

one_bad_mofo

Fullers is a drinkable London Beer.

Youngs isnt.

Sounds like you've never tried Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

http://www.drinksdirect.co.uk/acatalog/youngs_double_chocolate_ale.html

Stoner
    Free Member

Chocolate IN beer is very wrong.

It just means its going to be a poo coloured sweet tarry nasty pint with no biterness and no hoppiness.
    Yuck.

And its made with water from wandsworth. *shudders*

ransos
    Free Member

I've just discovered that Aldi own brand beer is made by Batemans. It's lovely stuff, especially at £1.19 a bottle.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Fullers London Pride’ is closed to new replies.