Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • full zip not-very-bikey tops – where please ?
  • scaredypants

for my dad – he can’t do buttons any more and he took a bit of a shine to a spesh bike shirt I had on the other day

so full length zip, not too garish or over-logoed, nice-feeling (merino maybe?), “casual” fit and no pockets/zips etc on the back

I’ve tried googleage but too much chaff turned up for me to spot the good ones

Any suggestions anyone ? Thanks

maccruiskeen

What quality are you looking for in the top? Warmth, wind proof, rainproof, etc. Is it actually for riding in? Off the top of my head – not overly cycling-looking cycling wear maybe look at Swrve (perhaps the Hoodie Jacket) and Surface

Not cycle specific but Snickers the workwear people (not the chocolate bar people) make some pretty handy tops in technical softshelly materials that are well put together and a good price- if you find a good online seller they do a massive range of sizing too.

scaredypants

not for biking, not wind or waterproof – just “tops” for daily wear really

I’ll have a look at those links, ta

cheburashka
    Free Member

Howies, sale on now.

Northwind

Trespass stores do a pretty nice light/flexible softshell, for not much money… Maybe a little stiff for wearing around the house, but I get on fine with it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

TK Maxx.

Varies what they have, but often all kinds of sport-ish jackets there. Got some lightweight zip-up stuff for rides. Look more like stuff you go for walks in and you don’t look like a Lycra obsessed rider (even though one has a bike related design on it).

Have various known and unknown brands for v.cheap.

somafunk

Yeah…another self confessed TK Maxx rack twitcher here, had quite a few bargains recently such as long sleeve half zip black merino fat face tops for £9.99 each so i bought 3 obviously and Hind Half-zip black baselayers with a kinda fleecy backing for £6.99 each (very decent on the bike and off), Sugoi Helium Lightweight jacket for £14.99 and Sugoi full zip RS zero long sleeved riding top for £14..99 both in the sale/bargain rail.

If you can be arsed having a look every week or so that you pass the store it’s worth it for some of the kit you can find for a fraction of’s price online, the sugoi helium is a teeny lightweight jacket in the montane velo style that sells for £50 and the jersey still sells for £60 at wiggle so that’s £80 saved on those two items alone as the other stuff at that price is a bargain for the use it gets.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘full zip not-very-bikey tops – where please ?’ is closed to new replies.