Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Full Working Order?
  • LittleNose
    Free Member

Before setting off to pick up a pair of brakes I text the seller to confirm that the brakes are in “full working order” other than needing a bleed.

I get there and as I’m handing over the cash he informs me that it’ snot just one bleed that the brakes need, but every 3-4 rides they’ll need a new bleed.

So I have just lost the best part of the evening driving around country lanes because the seller thinks he’s more chance of the sale after I’ve made the drive to pick them up… what is it with people?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

General rule of thumb – don’t buy brakes or helmets second hand.

boblo
    Free Member

Or condoms… 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

No problem buying brakes second hand but I’d be wary of anything that just needs a bleed or just needs a service.

km79
    Free Member

Or condoms…

True, you can get second hand condoms for free.

jamj1974

True, you can get second hand condoms for free.

Pre-stretched and with extra lube. Win-win…? 😯

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Hope second hand yes. Not the same as shimano or avoid second hand.

parkesie
    Free Member

Any brake for sale that just needs a bleed should be treated as being junk.

LittleNose
    Free Member

ha haa, looks like I was a little naive

Or condoms…

some advice I’ll take on board for sure 😆

hooli

Unfortunately some peoples idea of good condition is very different to others.

I won an ebay auction earlier this year for a bike that was described as “excellent condition”, he went on to say it had recently been serviced and it had not had much use.

When I arrived to collect it, it had clearly never been serviced as the bottom bracket was near enough siezed and the rest of the bike looked like it had been stored at the bottom of the river Thames when not being used.

I told him all the things wrong with it and that I wouldn’t be buying it, he said he had ridden it like that for months and it was “fine”. He threatened to sue me for breach of contract and some other nonsense.

I got back in my car and drove the 120 miles home without my new bike and in a bad mood.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Full Working Order?’ is closed to new replies.