Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Full Suss servicing Manchester/Liverpool
  • nigpay1
    Free Member

any recommendations for the north west area manchester/liverpool or in between. Personal friendly decent service wanted.

don’t say yellow pages 🙂
    thanks

BadlyWiredDog

If you’re prepared to pop into Manchester,a new shop, Keep Pedalling has just opened about five minutes from Piccadilly – great people, very friendly, experienced and helpful and an introductory 20% off workshop charges between now and the end of the month. Maybe worth a call?

http://www.keeppedalling.co.uk/

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

North West Mountain Bike Centre

Just of M60.

My experiences here have been excellent so far.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

I’d say North West Mountain Bike Centre would be your best bet for that kind of thang. They know their onions.

Its a very very very dangerous place to enter though. My credit card literally does somersaults then wets itself as I walk in. More uber-desirable bling than you can shake a stick at!

nigpay1
    Free Member

anyone used withington cycles?

binners

Withington cycles? Sweet jesus! Don’t go near that place.

I ordered some parts off them once. They phoned me to say they had my delivery in I went to pick it up on a Saturday morning. I thought I’d walked into some kind of Monty Python sketch. One lad was belting the living **** out of a road frame with a lump hammer. Why? I couldn’t tell. He seemed to be just randomly attacking it.

They had parts deliveries strewn everywhere, which they rifled through, again apparently randomly, but alas to no avail. In desperation they phoned the boss/owner, who turned up absolutely paralytic, falling-over drunk. At 11 on a Saturday morning!!! 😯

He unsurprisingly couldn’t find my stuff either. In fact, he probably couldn’t find his own arse, using both hands.

They could order it again for me though. Erm… I think I’ll leave it

nigpay1
    Free Member

😀

maybe not then eh binners!

it took me long enough to decide which bike to get, don’t fancy some numpty kicking the crap out of it for a giggle!!

twotonpredator

twelve50 bikes in frodsham.

binners

You won’t go far wrong with North West Mountain Bikes. They’re just off the motorway in Cheade. They do a proper job. Reasonable prices too

They build Peaty’s bikes for him so they know a thing or two about setting a full-susser up properly. I’ve always used them for suspension services.

nigpay1
    Free Member

any idea how much servicing is at nwmtb binners off the top of your head?
    i’ll go and take a look round but can’t get till the weekend
    cheers

binners

I had my forks rebuilt recently and that came in at £60 I think.

I suppose it depends on the bike and what you’re having done. They’re no dearer than anywhere else, but they always do a cracking job. It’d be worth giving them a bell. I’m sure they’d give you a price over the phone. You might have to book it in too. They’re always busy. Again: usually a good sign

Bregante

In desperation they phoned the boss/owner, who turned up absolutely paralytic, falling-over drunk. At 11 on a Saturday morning!!!

If that was Rob, are you sure he was pissed? He’s usually so laid back he’s horizontal. TBH I use them on and off and have never had any problems. They’ve built me up a good pair of bombproof alps wheels too. I’ve never had them service my frame but a mate I know had to have a heli-coil on his rear mech/dropout on his Santa Cruz and they did a fine job.

binners

Bregante. It was about 5 years ago this. I’ve, perhaps unsurprisingly, not been back since. When I tell this story I’ve had a few people say they’ve had a completely different experience. Must have got them on a bad day. It was quite surreal

I also use Ken Fosters in Chorlton. They’ve built a couple of sets of wheels for me and they’re really good. But on a ‘horses for courses’ basis I’d use North West for getting a full susser serviced

sambob
    Free Member

If you’re heading out towards the Peak District, pop in to The Bike Factory in Whaley Bridge. I may be slightly biased as they’re my LBS, but they’ve always done a good job for me.

julians
    Free Member

I’d vote for north west mountain bike centre in cheadle.

Nice group of people, do a good job. Replaced all the frame bearings and cables in my Enduro,gave it a damn good clean, charged around £100.

Bregante

I agree with you about NWMTB but then again I know people who wouldn’t trust them to repair an inner tube. Heard good things about Cooksons in Bury too

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Full Suss servicing Manchester/Liverpool’ is closed to new replies.