Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Full Suss Running Shoes WTAF
  • peteimpreza

https://en.enko-running-shoes.com/?gclid=CJC0gPnuutYCFUSfGwodCAoN5Q

Anyone seen or tried these?

Immediate reaction was “bonkers”

bensales
    Free Member

I guess it’s not really that different from a normal running shoe that uses synthetic rubber to cushion.

Although it’s be ‘illegal’ to use in a race as there’s some rule about not having springs in shoes.

beefheart
    Free Member

Looks heavy (compared to regular running shoe) and you’d have to heel strike first to make them work.

choppersquad
    Free Member

What no one seems to have noticed yet, is that they look f-ing ridiculous!
    You will get laughed at by groups of small children.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Although it’s be ‘illegal’ to use in a race as there’s some rule about not having springs in shoes.

What’s the definition? Is it really that different to shoes like Nike air with pressurized air bladders?

dovebiker

Not going to take much for them to start making noises and what happens if you get stones in there – ‘crunch’ broken shoe?

maccruiskeen

what happens if you get stones in there

Or dog shit

dovebiker

……the accompanying soundtrack something like Wallace & Grommit’s Wrong Trousers?

kelron
    Free Member

I bet they’d be fun to try. Expensive and fragile looking though.

joat

The first set of steps and you’ll catch the back of the tread I think, and go over on your knee and won’t have to go running again. Win.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

the shoes have been designed to prevent injury

except to your dignity

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Considering how far back the heel sticks out on the springy bit, the leverage on your front shins must be very big. Queue angry muscles. Shin splints?

alanf
    Free Member

Hey, I think everyone is missing the fact that this is an ‘exceptional offer’ and you’ll be saving 60 euros taking the price down to a mere 299 euros 😯

cornholio98
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Considering how far back the heel sticks out on the springy bit, the leverage on your front shins must be very big. Queue angry muscles. Shin splints?

Surely the opposite, it’s adding a lot more travel, so the peak loads from heel strike would be lower?

They’re not that much taller than conventional running shoes

rs
    Free Member

full suss???!!!! more like reverse hardtail…

P-Jay
    Free Member

reverse hardtail

We calls ‘em Softails

sweepy
    Free Member

I worry that I’d set one to walk and the other to run, and end up going round in circles

bensales
    Free Member

bensales –

thisisnotaspoon –
    What’s the definition? Is it really that different to shoes like Nike air with pressurized air bladders?

Apparently rule 143 covers it:

http://www.iaaf.org/download/download?filename=fa556b18-c75f-4b3d-b952-7348645bccb5.pdf&urlslug=IAAF%20Competition%20Rules%202016-2017%2C%20in%20force%20from%201%20November%202015

“Shoes
    2. Athletes may compete barefoot or with footwear on one or both feet. the purpose of shoes for competition is to give protection and stability to the feet and a firm grip on the ground. Such shoes, however, must not be constructed so as to give an athlete any unfair additional assistance, including by the incorporation of any technology which will give the wearer any unfair advantage. A shoe strap over the instep is permitted. All types of competition shoes must be approved by iAAF.”

The IAAF looked into Nike’s shoes using the Breaking 2, but I don’t know what the outcome was.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/07/iaaf-investigation-concerns-springs-running-shoes-marathon

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Full Suss Running Shoes WTAF’ is closed to new replies.