• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Full suss for 2k
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hi guys, looking for a full suss for around 2k,

Is there much else out there with a better spec than the el guapo v3 for that price?

chojin
    Free Member

For 2k you’ll be hard pushed to beat it I’d imagine.
    Except maybe for a German direct seller…

munrobiker
    Free Member

http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/Cube-Stereo-Race-18-201009221718/

Looks a lot prettier than the El Guapo, better drivetrain, much better brakes and better rims. Saves you £500 which would buy you a Reverb and a better bar and still leave you with change.

Low, slack and VERY fast.

toyrobot
    Free Member

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3045

Ordered this a few weeks back. The el guapo was on the shortlist but opted for the Canyon as a friend has had one for two years and it’s been utterly faultless.

crush83
    Free Member

The canyon looks tasty. How does it ride?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cube AMS Pro Race leaves you 25% change…

munrobiker
    Free Member

AMS 150 is a different beast- taller BB and steeper headangle as well as high standover.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Personally have the 110 and its not high at all

crush83
    Free Member

Are pedal strikes as bad as the reviews make out on th EG?

chillidave
    Free Member

I only found pedal strikes an issue on uphill very rooty climbs. It does make up for it in climbing ability and is a blast going down. I will look to get some slim pedals to improve it though. For what it’s worth as I haven’t ridden the alternatives I really love riding the El Guapo and it’s a very capable bike for both up and downs whereas your other options may be more downhill biased.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

discounted remedy 8 ?

somouk
    Free Member

New Whyte T-129S?

Northwind

What do you want it to do? Assume since you’re looking at the EG that you want something big and slack, but you’ve not really said…

wallop

YT Industries?

toyrobot
    Free Member

When I get my canyon I’ll be able to answer how it rides but I can tell you my friend has had nothing bad to say about his, from day one. I’d say it seems pretty bang on for a 160 travel bike. Obviously it’s not a svelte climbing machine but it seems better than could be expected and it’s pretty faultless when you point it downhill.

wallop

My other half has a Strive – no complaints from him either up or down.

mboy
    Free Member

Ghost AMR5900 for £2k. Got 10/10 in MBR (beating Spesh and Trek), and consistent high praise everywhere else.

If you’re lucky enough to find a 2012 bike in your size, most dealers are selling them off for £1500 now as the 2013 bikes are about to arrive soon.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Full suss for 2k’ is closed to new replies.