Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Full suss 2010 or HT 2011 Buying advice needed
  • stup
    Free Member

Walked into LBS with sole intention to get a new HT!
    Originally fancied the 2011 Cube LTD Race, 2011 spec and £1099, however i got chatting and it turns out he has a 2010 Cube AMS Comp, which was £1349, but he’d do at the same price of £1099.
    Dilema is do i go for a full susser from last year, or grab a 2011 HT?
    I am not a hardcore downhiller, but am planning to do a few marathons round Bedgebury and the likes, so will a HT be better for weight (lighter) or should i opt for the full susser???

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You shouldnt be making a decision like that just because some one has a few quid off a bike. Walk away, think hard what you want from a bike, ride lots of bikes not just the one with a trendy name and then when you have made an educated decision on what you want from a bike go an buy one that is right for you, not one you think is the best to be seen on.

stup
    Free Member

sorry, i should have added I currently run a 2005 Speccy, and although it’s good, i fancied a new ride under the C2W scheme. I had gone in to look at the new Rockhoppers, but found the spec a little low.
    In comparison the Cube IS well spec’d against the Speccy, IMHO.
    What I was asking was, IS a full susser the way to go. A recent article in a bike mag wrote “is the HT dead” and got me wondering should the next bike be a full susser. These 2 bikes share less than 800grams between them, hardly something i think I will notice, yet are totally different.
    I am no spring chicken, 38 and 3 kids but still have the love of mountain biking as I always have, but long rides now become more uncomfortable, hence the question with bikes and the option to getting something newer and lighter (current Speccy weighs in at 15kgs)
    It’s very easy to listen to the salesman, after all that’s his job, would rather hear what real people’s experiences are though.
    either bike is going to save me nearly 3kgs in weight, not to mention a big improvement on standard kit.

slowrider
    Free Member

There’s no doubt a full susser will be more comfortable. In some situations it will be faster for less effort and more confidence inspiring. If its your first one some people take some time adapting to them but as long as you are aware that some techniques (particularly climbing) need to change then that’s half the battle really.

Definitely try both though, think cube have a demo fleet don’t they?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Full suss 2010 or HT 2011 Buying advice needed’ is closed to new replies.