Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Full Suspension Bike with Front & Rear Remote Lockout for 1k?
  • slinkydonkey
    Free Member

Hello All

Im looking to get a new bike I like the specialized camber comp 2011 very much but would love lock out feature even more.

You think its possible to get a MTB with front and rear Remote lockout for about a grand? If so what would you recommend?

Cheers

Nonsense
    Free Member

Don’t think so. Certainly not rear lockout.

clubber
    Free Member

rear lockout is brilliant I reckon but rare on complete bikes. your best bet would be to negociate a swap to a lockout rear shock. iirc rockshox do them – they’re the “.R” models.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Does anyone make a shock that truly locks out any more?
    It’s not necessary any more now we have suspension that actually works!

clubber
    Free Member

I disagree having actually had a bike with it. obviously depends on your riding but I thought it was great. A remote propedal switch might be a reasonable alternative though.

geebus
    Free Member

I thought I’d miss rear lockout on my boardman FS comp, but never found a need for it as the suspension always worked well enough with what I was doing – with the suspension I generally did as well up steep hills as my hardtail because the flex gave it more grip.

On that, yes it’s a Halfords bike, but I was very happy with mine – Boardman FS team is £999. Does have front lockout.

tang
    Free Member
    slinkydonkey
    Free Member

I was just looking at the Canyon tang im not sure but I dont think that Canyon was Remote Lockout?

The Canyons have had some great reviews recently but buying something without trying it seems a bit wrong lol

DIS

I just received a canyon nerve xc 6.0 yesterday, has lock out both front and back.

First ride today and very pleased. I am 5.7 and got the small frame which fits me very well. Don’t know how it it compares to other full suspension as this is my first. Been using 69er single speed so this bike very different but really enjoyed it today.

I was very surprised how little i used the lock out, it climbs really well, even when i was standing without being locked.

It is only slightly above your budget and i suspect you will not find a better spec bike for the money even if you look at 2011 old stock.

Canyon offer a 30 day return policy as well.

pedalon have really good reductions on 2011 Giant bikes at the moment (Anthem X5 for £900, which is saving of 500)

Hope this helps.

sebgt
    Free Member

Scott Spark 60, look for a 2011 model and you might get £1100-1200

TheFlyingOx

Does anyone make a shock that truly locks out any more?

The DT Swiss XR Carbon on my Pronghorn is total lockout. Not sure, but I reckon the XM180 is as well.

slinkydonkey
    Free Member

Ive gone out and bought a specialized camber comp 2011 model for £960 it was a bike I had test rode for evans ride it in cumbria it was so much fun, I couldn’t bring my self to buy something I could not test ride didnt want the hassle of having to send back a bike but the canyons are nice. I can live with reaching down a little to turn off my front suspension 🙂 Thanks for the feedback guys

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Full Suspension Bike with Front & Rear Remote Lockout for 1k?’ is closed to new replies.