Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Full Suspension
  • googleismyfriend
    Free Member

I think Orange 4/5 and Santa Cruz Heckler/Bantam would be a very good second hand choices. My Heckler frame(3.5 year old) has been a bombroof and maintenance is very cheap. So i can totally recommend it if you are going to buy used bike.

calitriuk
    Free Member

Would the be good in the alps ? Have you had to replace the bearings much

vincienup
    Free Member

If you’re going to ride it much you should be budgeting for yearly bearing and shock services unless you view it as a disposable bike… Santa Cruz bikes have greaseports that make it simple to keep the bearings well packed with clean grease.

TBH, Heckler or Nuke Mega would be my choices from the above for a mix of UK and Alps.

If SH purchases are now on your radar I’d have a think about whether you’re OK with a well sorted 26er before you do anything else. You can probably pike up a good SH 26er that woud be safe in the Alps from around £500. £1000-£1200 and slightly older 2015 650b Megas with 1×11 drivetrains should be available – possibly even with a set of Pikes if you’re really lucky!

calitriuk
    Free Member

Thanks I’m taking a look at them now, I think the 26er will be ok plus it will make it more affordable 650b would be great but prices are defiantly higher, do you own a mega ?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Full Suspension’ is closed to new replies.