Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Full Sus Recommendation for Big Dude Please!
  • bigdawg69
    Free Member

Help! Im a strength athlete who loves flying down mountain sides but my 19st frame is shredding rims and tyres on my hardtail bike like a lion through a zebras ass!

Am pretty competent rider, been riding 16 years and used to race before I got into strongman stuff. (roughly 6st ago!).

I love to ride so if anyone can recommend a full susser with a really stiff or highly adjustable rear end I would be really greatful!

Thanks
    Craig

Mantastic
    Free Member

My 2011 orange 5. Me 18st and it does fine. I am just moving to the fat side and need some cash.

Email in profile if intersted

bigdawg69
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, what size is it? You advertised it anywhere?

ads678

Anything edging toward freeride sort of bike should be good for the bigger rider. Alpine 160, Titus El Guapo??

fadda

In case mantastic’s Orange doesn’t do it for you, I have a barely used mondraker dune that I’m about to put on the classifieds in the next day or two…

Email in profile…

geetee1972
    Free Member

You need a Nicolai my friend. They are dsigned for people like you (and me). Look at the Helius AM for a versatile and super strong and stiff all mountain frame that can be run between 130mm and 172mm.

nashwaymule
    Free Member

Not that I am selling it but my XL Yeti 575 has taken more punishment than a bike probably should. Having been upto 18.5 stone and 6.3 ft this bike has done me admirably.
    Also you smash a frame as long you were the original buyer its a free replacement if its fatigued.
    Wear on parts is always a problem though running fox 36 coil’s and a more enduro type set up has cut down the amount of stuff I used to break.
    Hope pro2 on mavic 321 rims yet to smash them up
    To echo the other guys go for something coil and more enduro and it should take anything you can give it.

Mantastic
    Free Member

The orange is a 20inch. Email me and I can send some photos. I am 6ft 2 and 18st and it fits fine. Based in the midlands if you interested

topgunsteve
    Free Member

I guess you might be after a bit more travel but my Trek EX8 is great fun, I’m 6,4″ and 19 st. The DCRV rear shock is great.

ajr
    Free Member

Ventana El Ciclon.

laughingontheinside
    Free Member
    topgunsteve
    Free Member

I tried a 20″ Orange five when I was in the market for a new bike unfortunately t’was too small for me 🙁

xiphon
    Free Member

Find a new wheel builder if you keep destroying rims.

bigdawg69
    Free Member

Thanks to all for their suggestions!

Northwind

TBH any decent full suss will be up to the job. It’s more about choosing the right kit to bolt to it… For wheels etc, just consider going up a “grade”, ie if you ride hard, a little guy would look at a trail/am wheel but you might want to look at dh wheels and maybe tyres. Likewise if it’s just XC, maybe go up to am wheels. And so on.

r3guy
    Free Member

I am a big bloke, think rugby player, prop! Selling my little used yeti 575, sorry for the blatant plug but, it’s made for blokes like us, did loads of research before buying it, and only ridden it twice in two years !

Six foot 2

Kevantlin at yahoo dot com

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Full Sus Recommendation for Big Dude Please!’ is closed to new replies.