Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Full sus option for marathon racing etc. – Yeti ASR or similar?
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

As ever the grass is greener on the other side, so since I have a hardtail (Kinesis FF29), I feel the need for a full sus. I’ve swapped between them in the past (in the last 10 years I’ve had an Epic, then an On-One Scandal, followed by an Anthem, Kinesis 26er and now Kinesis FF29 that I’ve had for a few years).

I’m sold on 29″ wheels for my type of riding, and to be honest the FF29 is fine for most of my local stuff, but occasionally I fancy a full sus for a bit more speed on the rougher stuff.

I’ll probably keep the FF29, and maybe buy a frameset and run one set of wheels for a bit too, so I’m looking for a full sus that I can use for marathon races, the odd rougher XC course and might even do the odd enduro (but I won’t be competitive – the bike definitely won’t be the limiting factor there).

Yeti ASR ticks all of the boxes, but the prices are getting a bit eye watering (2017 seems to be £400 more for a new paint job!) The Santa Cruz Tallboy is maybe a bit more travel and weight than I want. Rocky Mountain Element worth a look? I’d rather have a traditional BB for simplicity, but that seems to be increasingly rare. Anything else worth considering? Worth trying to find an Anthem 29er kicking around?

Any deals around?

Clink

2016 Anthems on offer at Paul’s cycles. I bought a Camber Comp Carbon in sales for the riding you have described and I have not been disappointed. Have a look at the PYGA Stage and Stage Max… 😉

teamslug
    Free Member

I nearly got a Yeti for virtually the same kind of things as you but ended up with an Orbea Occam TR. best bike I’ve ever had and I’ve had few!. Rode 24 hour at mayhem and Dfyi enduro. Best result I’ve had at both. Bike never missed a beat but eye wateringly expensive.

br
    Free Member

Carbon camber?

Clink

Also, consider a SC Superlight. Discontinued now I think but can be build fairly light with 120mm forks. There was one for sale on here, but it’s the older version with qr rear if that matters to you?

teamslug
    Free Member

Clink…I just bought that as a winter bike!!.

Clink

^ good man! Loved mine 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Rocky mountain element great bike with 120 mm forks, just checking sizing, sold mine for a yetisb95 ….which is as good but slightly heavier okay 4 lbs but 150 mm forks
    The rocky is a super capable bike

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks – some interesting options. Anthem looks good value in that company – shame it doesn’t have stealth dropper routing but you can’t have everything! Hmm…

Kryton57

Depending on your size Paul’s cycles has Anthems at £1599 woth a FIT 4 fork at the moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Full sus option for marathon racing etc. – Yeti ASR or similar?’ is closed to new replies.