Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Full sus. on a Turbo?
  • Miki
    Free Member

I’m doing a fair bit of turbo training at the minute, but i’m not sure which bike i should use. I’m currently using my 3 speed (3 chainrings at the front) commuter bike which is doing a pretty decent job, but leaves me limited in gearing and the seatpost doesn’t go quite high enough. (rather small frame)
    I’d like to do it on my race bike but as it’s a full sus (Giant Anthem) i’m not sure what sore of damage i could do to the bearings/linkages by hooking it up to the trainer. I don’t want to tear it in 2 or generally screw it up if i have to do an all out sprint in a session.
    Does anyone know if it does any more harm than whacking a carbon frame on a trainer?
    Cheers

ampthill

Interested as well….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I use a hybrid on mine and looking down at the BB, it moves from side to side quite alarmingly when cranking hard. Not sure I’d want a FS on there

Stuey01
    Free Member

My Cervelo S1 flexes quite a lot on the turbo, and that is renowned for being a stiff frame. I’m not sure I’d want to be putting that through a set of pivots over and over and over again.

Someone will be along in a minute to say that’s cobblers I’m sure.

Babbel
    Free Member

I fitted by Sub 5 on the turbo a couple of times then noticed the amount of flex even though it was a steady session. Took it off sharpish.
    As is fairly obvious the loads through the frame are much higher than normal. Not a good idea I’d say.

Travis
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m using a full suss on the turbo and nothing disastrous has happened yet.

But it would make more sense to buy a second hand heap especially.

ampthill

Do they really go for 99p?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Full sus. on a Turbo?’ is closed to new replies.