Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • full sus in the back of a corsa.
  • grim168
    Free Member

Looking to downsize car to get daughter insurable and was looking at 07/08 corsa’s. Just wondering how much of a squeeze to get a large framed full sus in.

Kuco

I had one of the first Corsa’s and use to get 2 DH bikes with wheels off and all the kit in the back with the seats folded.

rickt
    Free Member

Roof bars…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

Had a HT in the back of a Ka before, only had to take the front wheel off too, so shouldn’t be an issue.

nickjb
    Free Member

Get two in easily with the wheels off. Just about get a rigid in with only the front off. Plenty of room

mindmap3
    Free Member

I used to get my DH bike in the back of a Fiat Seicento…you’ll be fine.

With the wheels off I can get two bikes in the back of my Fiesta and my other half used to have an 05 plate Corsa which you could squeeze a surprising amount of stuff into (more than the 3 series I had at the time).

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’ve got that style corsa. By just taking the front wheel off I can fit my medium Blur LTc in easy. No need to move the front seats from their normal position. Bike layed down. I can fit a second bike in on top but I take both wheels out of the second for manoeuvrability. Wouldn’t want to damage my blur… or my corsa 🙂

trusty

A mate and I did a weeks camping with bikes in the alps out of an ’04 version (no rack, all inside). One bike should be simple

banks
    Free Member

Should be piss, front wheel off and something to protect the back of the seats.

What about a ’56 plate fiat grande punto 😀 It’ll easily fit two bikes in and does around 50/60mpg. Mine’s for sale.

t-p26
    Free Member

Got a friend who used to regularly travel the length of the country in a KA with an XL framed 29er on board..and a boatload of kit as well…

Edric64
    Free Member

Got 2 rigid bikes in wheels out in a Citroen LNA in the late 80s and a tt bike goes on the back set of an old mini

grim168
    Free Member

Cheers for replies. Don’t really want a smaller car but I’m not paying for the stupid insurance quotes on regular sized motors.

aracer
    Free Member

I’d check the insurance quote on a Corsa – they’re the sort of car which gets crashed a lot by young people. Something a bit bigger (and very boring) might actually be cheaper.

ska-49
    Free Member

What aracer said.
    It was cheaper for me to be a named driver on a 59 touran than a 51 clio.

lyrikal
    Free Member

Checked this posting cos I was sure it would have some wise crack comments, turns our standards are slipping!

vondally
    Free Member

29er in a lupo……..so yeah doable

agree with the comments above re corsa and insurance

andrewh
    Free Member

Learnt to drive in a Corsa, and had one as ahire car since, the hire car took three peeps and two (disassembled) bikes. However, the Corsa is an auful car to drive, I would avoid it. Iffy build quality and the smaller engines (ie the cheap to insure ones) are woefully underpowered.
    Must be better things available which are cheap to insure? My old 1.9D 306 was only group 4, much nicer to drive despite being a lot older, and loads more room. Still plent around, estate ones too, ideal first car. Actaully it was my second, my first car was a 1.6 Proton Persona, also good for being cheap and holding a surprisingly large amount of bikes, fastest car I’ve ever had too, only 115hp but didn’t weigh anything, it had independant rear suspension, disc breaks all round etc, even 3 series BMWs of the same age didn’t have those. Unfashionable brands like Proton tend to have cheap insurance.

mjsmke

I can fit 2 bikes in a fiat 500. One is a full suss. could probably fit 3 in there.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’d watch the insurance in a Corsa. Our 330 M Sport that we bought this summer costs less to insure than her old Corsa, only by £16 but there’s a gulf in terms of value and power.

Modern small cars aren’t really tat small these days so most will swallow a bike or two.

pondo

Got a 56 plate, not got full sus but road bike or hybrid or ht all fit in easy enough with fronr wheel out, got mine and mrs pondo’s hybrids in at the same time with both wheels out. 60mpg and 30 quid tax.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wheels out and anything goes, I wouldn’t use a rack in the UK though too many thieving scrotes around.

matther01
    Free Member

My clio easy fits 3 bikes with front wheels removed…but my seats pratically fold flat, not sure about a corsa ( other than its got a tiny petrol tank and seats that kill my back after more than 2 hours driving).

Get a 1.2tce clio instead!

grim168
    Free Member

Looks like I need to have a look at insurance groupings. Might end up with something bigger then.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had two bikes in a Fiat Seicento so a Corsa will be fine.

br
    Free Member

Look at a Fiesta, cheaper on insurance.

Although looking yesterday for my son, he lives in West Yorkshire and we in the Scottish Borders. At 19 it would cost him £1900 comp (far cheaper than TP/TPFT) there or £800 here – all other details except for postcode the same…

grim168
    Free Member

Suprised you don’t get free car insurance in Scotland. 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

I saw someone turn up at a track with a motocross bike in a corsa. 😯

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘full sus in the back of a corsa.’ is closed to new replies.