Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Full sus bearings for an old Spesh – where to buy?
  • tron
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up an old Specialized Epic, which could do with new bearings for the pivots.

Now I know the flat out cheapest way to do things is pull all the bearings, read all the numbers off and then get ringing the bearings supply shops. But that involves pulling the bike to bits on one Saturday afternoon and then putting it back together the next Saturday at best.

Does anyone list out the bearing specs so you can bugger off and buy your own? Which of the online bearing kit retailers are reputable?

bazwadah
    Free Member

how old is the Epic? I have a 2003 and saved a lot of the manuals offline in case they disappeared from the Specialized site. I have the official part numbers and dimension for bearings and bolts.

EDIT: found it http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/manuals/04_Epic_Tech_Manual.pdf

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Any concept store should be able to order the whole kit for you. Usually for next day delivery too. the whole kit comes in at £70

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Just had a quick look on Ebay,there’s loads on there.

garage-dweller

tron – Hargroves Cycles had bucket loads of specialized bearing parts listed when I last looked. They’ve been a Specialized dealer for as long as I can remember (and I’m distinctly middle aged).

julianwilson
    Free Member

Emai kael from katec bearings. He has an entertaining posting history on here but as an actual business (essentially he sources nice bearings, repacks them with nicer grease and sells them on in kits for frames/hubs at a very sensible price) he really is great.
    Chances are he has done bearings for your model/year before and will sell them cheaper than a peoper bike shop, only issue will be if your epic is one with those big spherical bearings on the shock which may be marginally harder to get hold of and indeed to press in/out without damaging them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Full sus bearings for an old Spesh – where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.