Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Full size 7 seater recommendations
  • charliemort

Had a Galaxy for years (early version of new shape), 06, 110,000 miles. May chop it in soonish

tbh it’s been pretty good – one big repair and a few niggles, although mpg guage lies by about 20%

3 kids (2 fully grown) so need full size rear seats. Like the S-Max but lower roof means it doesn’t work as well for shoving bikes / loads of camping gear in the back

first thoughts would be another Galaxy but any other good options? New Alhambra / Touran I suppose?

not really interested in 4wd things due to running costs / boot being full of suspension and wheel arch

hammyuk
    Free Member

Absolutely love my Maxi Life – great economy, built well, bikes go in without taking them apart, carries anything (12 pallets recently, 2.4m timber, etc), 7 adult seats and the rear comes out in seconds, as do the middle row split/remove.

adi66
    Free Member

I’ve got a Smax. But it was a close call between it and a new galaxy.

This CAD pic from a guy at work sealed the deal for me

If you REALLY need 7 permanent seats = galaxy / sharan

If you need 7 seats occasionally = smax – looks better than any other MPV (but I am a owner so may be biased)

T1000
    Free Member

new Alhambra / Sharan are v good sliding doors are great and rear seats are excellent Comfort and low noise levels are amongst the best I’ve tried….. some good offers on these at the moment if you push the dealers you should get at least 5k off list…

howabout Another galaxy?

Touran’s are quite a bit smaller ok for ocassional rear seat use

build quality on the psa clone cars is poor in comparison

if you need big then the Hyundai 8 seater thing is ugly but good

adi66
    Free Member

Edit: I regularly have 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes in the boot (plus riding gear) with no problems – wheels off, bikes standing up .

adi66
    Free Member

A VW T5 bussssss ?

charliemort

what’s a psa clone car??

MoreCashThanDash

S-Max isn’t big enough in the third row for anything other than midgets. Not quite sure why they have such a following on here.

I’m a big VW fan so would suggest a Sharan or Alhambra.

Had a couple of Zafiras for work recently. Better than I expected, especially the Touring version. Very impressed by the rear row of seats. Get the diesel over the petrol, if you must get the petrol, don’t get the 5 speed gearbox!

matt_outandabout

Having just gone from a Touran to a Galaxy, the Galaxy is a proper, full size 7 seater, the Touran a Golf with some seats in a big boot.
    The Touran was no end of cost and trouble – the Galaxy in 2.0d guise seems to be pretty robust in the reviews and experience.
    Our fuel gauge lies as well…!

T1000
    Free Member

psa + Peugot Citroen Group

VW sharan is good just don’t get the nil cost Grey ….. its appropriately called ‘Urano’…..

if a vans an option the VW California beach is a good choice especially when you consider depreciation ….. drives so much better than aftermarket van conversions as the suspension is different…

captain-slow
    Free Member

we have an s-max and I preferred the galaxy we had previously. s-max neither fish nor fowl

so alhambra or galaxy for seven seats and hyunda i800 if you really need a team bus

Houns

All I can recommend is to get these stickers for the back (yes that is Miss Houns’ car I put them on)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Full size 7 seater recommendations’ is closed to new replies.