• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Grim.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Full Mud Guards for 40c tyres?
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

Just fitted a set on WTB Nano’s to my Arkrose and would like to fit a set of full guards.

Any recommendations? 50mm wide? preferable in black.

cheers

jimdubleyou

What year Arkose? If it’s before 2017 they won’t fit (at least they won’t on my medium)

If a 2017 model, SKS Longboards ftw

windysurfer
    Free Member

what won’t fit, the tyres or any guards?

Tyres are already on (2015) without problem, I’ve got some sks mudguards of some type ( had them fitted when I bought the bike so not sure of the model) and they almost work with a little help from a heat gun.

jimdubleyou

It’s one or the other on mine. I tried a Nano on the back wheel, but it rubbed on the front derailleur so I now have a Cross boss.

I have some SKS Longboards I put on when I have skinny tyres on (winter commuter mode). I had a go at putting the cross boss clad wheel in with the mudguard on and it just wouldn’t go.

Maybe I’m just no good at fettling…

STATO
    Free Member

Any recommendations? 50mm wide? preferable in black.

SKS in 50mm width then?

Grim
    Free Member

I’ve got SKS 45mm guards on mine. I can just get my 40mm Panaracer Gravel Kings under them, but there’s not much room and they do rub slightly over rougher terrain. My Bike is a 2015 model Arkose. I’m not sure I could get a wider guard on. I also had to trim a bit off the rear guard as it fouled on the front mech when I adjusted it to clear the larger tyre.
    Hope this helps
    😯

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Full Mud Guards for 40c tyres?’ is closed to new replies.