Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Full moon and likely clear skies on tomorrow (Wednesday) so get your night rides
  • scuttler

Moon doesn’t rise til after 2000 though so will need to be a late start for maximum effect.

Terms and conditions apply.

antigee

down under moon rise for us was more or less 6pm just after dark and a clear day so spectacular – sadly no bike ride but enjoyed the full moon whilst walking the dog as youngest antigee attended soccer training – mrs antigee away hence no bike 🙁 get out if you can

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

At this time of year, I’ve had enough of riding in the dark, full moon or not. Evening rides in full sunshine ftw!.

aracer
    Free Member

Got in a very short ride at about 9:15 last night – was passing a park I spotted a little trail in a while ago (it’s visible from the road), but it was the first time it’s been light enough at that time of day when I’m going past. Lots of light from the moon – it was surprisingly easy to see at almost half an hour after sunset.

jekkyl

I am out at twilight this evening on two wheels and sitting here in the office staring at full sun and blue skies out of the window I am chomping at the bit.
    Just to decide where to go…. I was considering urban meanderings searching for new tracks but the lure of rural byways is strong.

faustus

Not so fussed about night riding either with so much light, but it’s getting to the time when riding can be done after dinner and into dusk, rather than going out straight after work…

fifeandy
    Free Member

At this time of year, I’ve had enough of riding in the dark, full moon or not. Evening rides in full sunshine ftw!.

Indeed, I still had the sunglasses on at 9pm last night. Will take that over a night ride anytime.

hairylegs
    Free Member

Indeed, I still had the sunglasses on at 9pm last night. Will take that over a night ride anytime.

Personally I like night riding and I think there’s something sweet about summer night riding after enduring the winter night rides. The only downside is waiting for it to get dark

Beagleboy

Darned thing is too low in the sky for a decent piccy, but this was it last Thursday after a really cracking evening ride in dusty…..yes, dusty conditions!

I like the Moon, it’s my favourite moon.

C.

p.s. Photo taken with my mobile phone…..and Dobby, my Skywatcher 200p. 8)

aracer
    Free Member

Same place, same time this evening – I love riding at dusk. A bit more cloud, so a bit darker than yesterday, but still perfectly rideable without lights half an hour after sunset.

scuttler

Did a whizz up Cut Gate last night, up the top around 2230. Lights required on the tech sections on the way up and on the way down but great still weather, no clouds and very atmospheric. That’s Jupiter, not dust above the sign.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Days get shorter soon….

jekkyl

shhhh.

scuttler

It’ll be sunset at this time again (2039) on 6th August. That’s 87 days away and I’m OK with that 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Full moon and likely clear skies on tomorrow (Wednesday) so get your night rides’ is closed to new replies.