Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Full facer recommendation other than POC needed
  • Sanny
    Free Member

Hi all

What full facers would folk recommend for big Alpine stuff. I broke my POC helmet in the Alps and as POC don’t offer any kind of crash replacement, I’m in the market for a new helmet. Any recommendations?

Cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

I got an Urge Down-O-Matic for £97 off CRC last week.

Obviously not ridden it in Alps yet – but thought I’d make you aware they were going cheep cheep.

Fits me great (your head may differ) and feels very light when on.

jam-bo

err. troy lee.

if you can afford a POC then cost isnt an issue.

661 if your a pikey.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I’m a pikey. 661 make good stuff, they just don’t charge the gigantic markups that Troy Lee can.

carlosg
    Free Member

+1 pikey , 661 Evolution is good enough for me (but I’m pretty crap and go slow)

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice full-face helmet grouptest in current Dirt btw.

Tracey

Ive got a carbon Specialized Deviant that has been good in the Alps

Kevin and Abigale have THE helmets, dont think you could get away with the colour of Abigales though

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Urge Down-O-Matic ftw! I love mine

jedi

sanny, look at the kali avatar. stoopid light and comfy

handyman
    Free Member

have a 661 evo and have worn the kali durango, i like my 661 its black and shiny and my shop is a dealer so a great price and have only tested it slightly, small tree and head interface manage to fall off the side of a diamond run and misstimed my turn, so far but not for the want of trying

_tom_
    Free Member

I like my 661 and it only cost about £40 on sale. I don’t think a Troy Lee would be worth the extra £200 or whatever it costs.

doug_basqueMTB.com

weird, my post dissapeared. Could be on my way to my 1st double post.

Sanny, I’ve tried loads on and IMO the Troy Lee is just a cut above the rest. I can get the D2’s and D2 carbon’s cheap out here so if you’d like me to bring you one back at Christmas give me a shout.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Full facer recommendation other than POC needed’ is closed to new replies.