Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • full face lid reccomendations for a mellon head
  • trusty

As above really! I’m looking at doing a few enduro events, plus some uplifting as Bringewood is just up the road. Ideally I’d like a ff lid I won’t cook in if / when I use it for the enduros. The problem is I’ve got a big bonce,my usual lid is a xen in large / xl. Anyone know of anything suitable? I know I’ll need to try some on, but it would be helpful to narrow things down a bit

Cheers all

trusty

Anyone?

matthew_h
    Free Member

You’ll probably not like this but the best FF helmet I found for my similarly sized head was a Troy Lee D3. The fit really is superb (on my head).

elliott-20
    Free Member

I was on the hunt for a FF a while ago and tried a few on. I’m usually a L/XL in Giro (Xen) and went straight for the Remedy thinking it would be like – for – like. It wasn’t. If felt like it would flop around all over the place on a trail. That and it felt like it came from the props department of SpaceBalls. A 661 and Fox lid were similar but didn’t feel tight enough on the face for me.

Wanted to try a troy lee but couldn’t find one locally to try so in the end I gambled on an Urge Down-o-matic as it was on offer. The sizing is weird and felt slightly on the small size at first, but after playing around with the pads, and I have to ‘position’ my noggin in it, it fits nice snug, just how I like it, it’s light and breathes well.

However, get out and try some is really my only advice.

trusty

I’d looked at the urge, I’m sure someone said it was too small even in the largest size. I’ll try one in blazing bikes next time I’m passing though. The troy lee is a bit overkill for riding enduro isn’t it?

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Bell Drop come up big. As do the Giro Remedy.

Hope this helps.

trusty

Cheers. How are the drop and remedy for venting?

steel4real
    Free Member

Like you i take a l/xl xen and an xl Fox rampage fits very nicely :-).

trusty

I’ll look into the rampage as well then. Anyone know about the bell sanction?

trusty

The rampage looks very dh, would it be too hot to race in?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘full face lid reccomendations for a mellon head’ is closed to new replies.