Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Full face helmets – that's what they are for….
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…face planting nose and teeth first hurts doesn’t it.

Spoilt a good ride. Had been building up confidence on new bike on stepper stuff this afternoon. After a few mincing runs, found a good place to practice. Went back to harder cheeky run at the end and made the beginners error of panicking on big drop.

Ouch, time for some ice on the nose!!! Throbbing teeth is a new one too!

Still loving the new camber evo. Up to that point had started to find new rhythm on steeper stuff.

All good fun!

cloudnine
    Free Member

One last run.. will always end up somehow kissing the deck

andysredmini
    Free Member

You can con the one last go gods by saying “two more goes” but only actually doing one.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Annoying as it was perfectly rideable. Just bottled it. Saw stars and thought nose must be broken.. But feels just bruised now.

Cock up at both end of the ride. New bike doesn’t fit my bike rack so had it in the back of car. Learned lesson that hot exhaust pipes and human human flesh are not compatible!! Double ouch

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

At least you only broke your face and not the new bike. 🙂

My old man nailed himself on the larger gap drop at Cannock, massive bruises all down his leg. When he was writhing in pain on the floor all he could say was “Is my bike ok” – oh how we laughed.

chiefgrooveguru

Went back to harder cheeky run at the end and made the beginners error of panicking on big drop.

Oh I know that feeling all too well – you may have seen the video of it! It’s still haunting me now but thankfully I’d bought my first full-face a few hours earlier…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very true Tom, very true! 😀

Potdog
    Free Member

Managed a good face plant myself back in February.Out cold for a minute or so, good cut to inside and outside of top lip and a throbbing front tooth. Dentist said to keep en eye out for it going grey as it would be a sign of real damage. Took me a month to be able to bite through anything.

Not sure if I can link to pics on facebook?

nickhit3
    Free Member

You can con the one last go gods by saying “two more goes” but only actually doing one.

this is amazing.

iainc

yeah, I sometime wish I had one on this day 🙁 :

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Was glad I was wearing mine on Saturday! Stacked it at Antur Stiniog on the red. Face, shoulder & arm took the brunt of it. Now laid on the sofa nursing a broken arm. Dread to think what would have happened without the full facer & body armour!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Full face helmets – that's what they are for….’ is closed to new replies.